Saturday, August 17, 2013

What's Your Hurry?

Learning to live a slowed down life is not easy for most.  Everyone these days are in such a hurry ... my question?   WHY?  Why are you in such a hurry all the time?  Did you not plan for traffic, did you hit the snooze six times, whatever the reason ... stop hurrying!  As my journey through my diagnosis continues, I have realized from day one of my diagnosis ... there is no need to hurry.
When you hurry you miss the good stuff and you get stressed out.  The next time you are in a hurry ... ask yourself why?  Then slow down and 'smell the roses' as the old saying goes.




This past week I had an appointment with my surgeon and all is well.  I had one thing I wanted her to look at and she checked it over well and it was nothing.  Praise the Lord.  I go back in six months.  I also had an appointment with my dermatologist.  I had something I wanted him to look at and once again it was nothing.  Praise the Lord.  Now you might think that I say Praise the Lord a lot but let me tell you ... this is an all the time phrase for me because I do praise Him.  He has brought me through the valley of the shadow of death and delivered me by the clear water.  He stays with me no matter what. Praising the Lord to me is like saying thank you to you for something you have done for me.

On my way back from the dermatologist I celebrated by going through Starbucks and getting a skinny vanilla latte extra hot.  YEP I paid $4.49 for it and it was worth every cent.  Starbucks is not something I do as a routine but I was celebrating two reports from two of my doctors.  I pulled out of Starbucks on Camp Bowie Blvd. (all you locals will know where I'm talking about) and rather than getting back on the freeway which is all under construction and all the people who would be driving on it would be in a hurry (because they have not read this blog), I decided to take the stress out of my ride back to work and stay off the freeway.  It was most enjoyable.  It's the little things that can mean so much. Camp Bowie Blvd. has lots of little shops and the homes that you can see are so historic.

*****

I am having my patio turned in to a screened in patio.  I cannot wait.  It is something that I've always wanted to do since I've lived here.  It's becoming a reality now.  The concrete guys are here today added some concrete to the patio edge and it's looking great.  If you need good concrete guys let me know.  They are very good and they are very reasonable.  Next comes the other part of screening in it. I will be able to sit out there now and not getting eaten up with mosquitoes.  It will give my grand littles more area to play almost like they are outside but in the shaded porch.  I'm getting excited.  Can't wait.

*****

This week has brought some really nice people into my life.  The concrete guys are so nice and personable.  I've really enjoyed visiting with them.  I actually stop them working because we've been talking so much.  Yesterday my daughter and grand daughter went to Chic Fil A near our house and as soon as we walked in, there was an older lady who was one of the hostess in the dining area.  I don't know what it was but for some reason we connected.  She came around with some samples of their new milk shake and it was awesome.  Madelyn got all of it but I did get a taste.  After a bit she came back and around we got to talking and she is involved in so many things.  Battered women's and children's effort ... serves on the board of directors here locally.  She also serves on some board with Harris Hospital.  She is retired from one of the airlines.  Just a precious lady.  She ask me ... so how you doing and motioned to my compression sleeve.  She knew from the sleeve that I had had breast cancer so we got talking about that.  She was such a pleasure to talk to and before she walked off, she dug down in her pocket and handed me a business card looking paper and it was a coupon for a free sandwich.  I felt so grateful and thanked her graciously.  Cancer is scarey and it is deadly but during this past almost two years I have met so many wonderful people because of it.  For that I am thankful.

*****

I'm on a new eating routine ... clean eating.  No processed foods only fresh fruits and vegetables and protein (meat).  I can tell you that I feel 100% better.  I haven't started losing any weight yet but honestly just eating clean makes all the difference in the world.

*****

Well that's about it for me.  I hope you are doing well and all is good in your family.  Lose the stress in your life ... prepare ahead of time, look for the good and not the negative (I do not do negative), take an interest in others - life is not all about you - treat others with kindness and respect no matter what (it's hard but it's worth it), hold those you love and tell them that you love them.  Life is short and you do not want to leave this world with any regrets.



Blessings to all.


gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment