Sunday, February 2, 2014

Following Through

For a long time now I have had this topic on my mind but could never figure out how to approach writing about it.  Today I came across something that gave me the answer on how to approach it.  The subject is prayer.  I am on FB <if you are reading this from the link, you know I'm on FB> and so many times someone post that they need prayers.  Many times there are lots of responses that person gets. Things like ... I'm praying ... Prayers ... Girl, you're in my prayers ... and the comments go on and on from folks who say they are praying.  Do we actually take the time to stop and pray?
 You know responding with the word ... Praying ... doesn't mean that I have offered up a prayer, it means I have the best intention to do such.  I'm guilty of this.  My intentions are of the utmost positive intentions ever but sometimes I forget.  To me this becomes a "shame on you, Gena" moment.  I want to be the person who does what I say I will do.  Our words carry weight.  I said I would pray and I should follow through.  So I have put praying immediately into practice to pray immediately when someone needs prayer.  I hope you will join me in stopping and praying at that moment that someone says they need prayer so that there won't be any missed opportunities to pray.  Our words carry weight, Romans 10:8  But what does it say?  The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart, that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim ... 

Life is moving on for me.  I had my four month Oncologist checkup last Friday and my blood work was great as well as my blood pressure.  The physical part of the exam <it's like a hunt for new bumps> came out just fine also.  Praise the Lord.  I got my questions answered and feel much better after having ask
them.  Some people are afraid to ask the difficult questions but not me.  If I have a question, there's a reason, and I want an answer.  Never forget things like that when you are at a doctor visit ... ask those questions no matter how difficult they are or how scared you are of the answer.  I'll say this again ... When ask was I scared when I was diagnosed with bi-lateral breast cancer.   Yes, I was scared out of my wits but knowing what I know now - I would be afraid NOT to know.  I praise God every day for the abundance of goodness He has given me.  John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal, kill and destroy.  I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.  

The fish tank is doing pretty good.  I have lost five fish total.  Not because there was anything wrong with my new tank or water or anything like ... I think I was starving them to death.  There was a lady at a local fish store I was going to who told me to only feed the fishes enough food that they were able to eat in 30 second to 1 minute.  Well I'm no pro on this fish tank situation but I think that 4 out of the 5 died of starvation.  I'm feeding the little boogers twice a day now and they are thriving.  I'm so happy and I love watching them swim and play.  And I do think this could be an addiction for additional tanks BUT we will see.

The weather in Texas is cold again.  I sure wish it would make up it's mind and let's get this cold stuff over with and move on to warmer <I didn't say HOT> weather.  But for now we will endure and get through it.





I reckon that's it for now.  I pray <and I will right now> that all who read this find something of use and if not, at least something of humor.  Proverbs 17:22  A cheerful heart is a good medicine; But a broken spirit drieth up the bones.  

Blessings!  


genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment