Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday and a Four Day Weekend !!!!

Hello out there ... how are you?  I apologize for being so absent from writing but life has been busy as ever and I'm soaking in and loving every every every (yes, that's three 'every') minute of it.  I am feeling well and staying busy.  Seems my energy level most of the time is up and running really well.  I still have days that not so much but I just take it easy on those days and wait for things to improve.



My grand littles are growing like spring-time weeds.  The two oldest are talking so much and learning.  Since we have a boy and a girl, it amazes what each gender is learning first.  Braxton can tell you colors and Madelyn can say most of the alphabet.  They both love music ... as long as it's not too loud.  They love their Grammy and guess what .... that makes me so so so happy.  Little Brooklyn who will be 8 months old this month is growing and squealing and figuring out how to move her body around on the floor ... she's getting ready to crawl.  She is the happiest baby ever ... always smiling.

Finally cleaned the dead vines off three of the trellis' in the back yard recently when we had an exceptional warm January day.  There are still the three trellis' on the fence that need to be cleaned off.  Thinking and planning now for the spring planting.  It's actually time that I could plant some lettuces like I did last year.  I could have done this earlier like before the end of 2012 but didn't get around to it and guess what ... I didn't beat myself up over that.

I have a four day weekend and I'm so thankful.  Work has been very stressful and I'm happy to have four days out of the office.  Enjoying today with two of my best girl friends and looking forward to what the day holds.

The Christmas holidays was the perfect time to have my 90,000 mile maintenance done on my Highlander.  I have the best, most honest mechanic ever and he and his wife are just the sweetest.  So happy to have that maintenance done even if it set me back a pretty penny ... part of the work was replacing my front brakes.  No complaints about the money here.  I love my Highlander and I always take care of my vehicles.  Preventive maintenance is the life of the car.

My January three month checkup went well.  I go back on the morning of March 6 (my birthday) and will have the cancer marker blood work that day.  When I found out that March was my next three month check up, I said make the appointment for my birthday ... what better way to get your birthday kicked off ... with a good report.  I continue to say that I am so blessed with the medical care I get and while these are medical professionals, they truly are my friends.  How great is that to feel that way?  Maybe it's because I've seen all of them so much ... who knows ... but I sure love each and every one of them.  I continue praising God for where I am today as opposed to where I was this time last year.

The shingles I broke out with on November 1 has pretty much gone away.  I still have twinges of nerve pain occasionally on my left ribs but a little massage usually helps that.  I am so happy I have that behind me.

So this is pretty much the update for me for now.  I miss blogging ... I really do.  I must make more time to do this.

I hope all is well with you and yours.  We are all blessed.  The chorus from the song "In the Garden" says a lot.  My Mom absolutely loved this song and she has such a beautiful voice and would sing while in the kitchen preparing her family meals.  I still hear her beautiful voice as she sang ....

And He walks with me and He talks with me 
And He tells me I am His own 
And the joy we share as we tarry there 
None other has ever known.


Today I leave you while I sing this song and I praise him as He continues to walk with us ... so grab His hand and He talks to us, do you hear Him?  Listen ... He is there.  

Blessed and praying blessings for you all.   


No comments:

Post a Comment