Sunday, January 27, 2013

Good Morning ...

Sunday mornings are one of my favorite times.  Actually Sunday's are my favorite day.  You are probably saying ... why in the world would Sunday be her favorite day, it's the day before Monday and Monday is a work day.  I would answer you with ... I just love Sundays.  It's a day of worship and most of the time taking it kind of easy.  Since I'm a type A (major) personality - ok since breast cancer I've shifted to a slower gear but none the less I'm still type A.  So .... Happy Sunday y'all.


I know I've been a little absent in the blog world and I know I've said this a lot but .... I've been out living life to the fullest.  No, I've not been on any world wind around the world trips or anything of that nature ... just busy and loving being active (I do not use the word 'active' in the exercise sense <smile>) But I do walk at least a mile a day at least four days a week.  It helps keep my joints limbered up and that helps with the pain.  The pain is caused from the Arimidex (estrogen inhibitor) and I think they say the chemo stays in your system up to a year.  Whatever the cause, I refuse to let it get me down.  On really painful days I break down and take two Advil.

We had a wonderful Christmas and unfortunately I do not think I took many pictures.  Again, enjoying life.  The grand littles had great visits from Santa Claus.  The New Year rang in and I was in bed I'm sure by 9:00pm ... well, it was going to ring in whether I was up or not.  <laughing>

Last Monday was a holiday for us and I met up with a long time friend to see Zero Dark Thirty.  It was a good movie ... pretty action packed ... some blood (OK, medium to a lot of blood) but with a bag of movie popcorn and a real iced Coke, who cares how much blood?  <smile>  After the movie we walked over to Gator's and had a drink and visited and caught up.  Great day.

Saturday morning we (my girls and I) headed to the Fort Worth Stock Show with the grand littles.  We had the littles all pumped up about seeing cows, horses, sheep, pigs, chickens ... and the first barn we went in to they were grooming the cows for the day's showing and the blow dryers were so loud that both the older littles decided right then and there they did not care for the stock show or the cows, horses, pigs, etc. The first cow barn pretty much set the tone for the remainder of our 1 1/2 hour visit to the stock show.  But .... I had a great time.  I was pushing the youngest grand little, Brooklyn.  She is the happiest, smiliest, sweet disposition baby ever.  And I got some pictures .... These are action shots too .... <laughing>  Braxton was trying to escape ... Madelyn was listening to her Mom with a cry face and Brooklyn was sitting in her stroller for the pictures wondering where her crazy Grammy went.


 



 





I am beginning to plan for my gardens and flowers again.  I just have to get my 'rear in gear' and get out there and get on it.  I raked leaves from the cottonwood tree behind the back fence.  I should have picked them up and bagged them but I didn't and now they have fire ants in them.  Great !   Just great!  I'm thinking about calling the yard guy and asking him to come mow and edge (no the grass isn't green yet) to get the leaves mulched up and the yard to look a little better.  Those fire ants are awful awful awful.  I despise the little suckers.

I recently set up an eBay account to try to sell some of the Brighton jewelry I have accumulated over the last 20 years.  Brighton jewelry is expensive but the resale on it is not.  I think I'll lower the prices I have and post them again.

I bought a new washer last weekend.  My current washer is a tad over a year old ... a water saver and I do not like it.  As a matter of fact I've never liked it.  It's a GE that I bought at Home Depot in August 2011 and from the time I used it the first time and saw how much water WAS not in the tub, I didn't like it.  I am from the old school where the clothes need to be covered with water to get clean. <smile>   So I went to Sears and bought an old fashioned washer ... the kind I had that went out that I so wished I had gotten repaired.  If you are local to my area and know anyone who needs a washer, I'm selling the water saver for $400 ... seems like a lot but I paid $600 for it.  I still need to put the new washer in and get this washer out ... as a matter of fact I'm using the water saver this morning.  I'm hoping to somehow get them switched out today.

This past week I found out that the grandson of an acquaintance passed away at the age of 20 years old.  Unfortunately the death involved drugs.  This makes me so sad as I continue to question ... WHY?   Why do people - young and old - continue to take drugs (heroin, meth, cocaine and all those things) that will harm their bodies permanently or cause an early death?  Why?  Why? Why?  It makes so sense to me.  None!  I continue to say ... I've looked death in the face having had cancer ... I want to live ... I do not want to harm my body.  I want to be healthy.  Makes me so sad.  I'm asking you to pray with me for these people - known and unknown - that have these addictions and are harming their God given bodies.

Alicia, Madelyn and I went to dinner on Friday evening at our local Mi Pueblo Mexican restaurant.  As we were getting ready to leave a family came in and was seated in a booth close to us.  I was appalled at what I saw when I looked over at this Mom, Dad and son .... they all immediately got their cell phones out and were in their own little world at dinner.  REALLY????  Where in the heck has family time gone?  Alicia and Madelyn were in the potty and I uncovered my purse which was buried under the coats and got my phone out and captured this picture.
NOTE:  The glass of tea in the foreground was
a mere $2.95.  I can buy a box of family size
tea bags for $2.98.  <smile>
Does anyone else feel the way I feel about this issue?  Oh yes, I have an iPhone and I do keep it with me because it is my primary phone number now (I still have a home phone tho).  It is my belief that we have lost personal face to face communication and that is sad.  Where are we headed?  I know modern technology is a great thing and even at my age I have grown to like it all but really ... where did family dinner time go?  I guess the thoughts now are ... well at least we are all sitting at the same table together.  Let me say this ... there is nothing more important in other peoples lives than the life you are living.

One other little story about the grand littles.  My oldest grand little, Madelyn, is potty training.  She is doing well with this.  I know it will be just a matter of weeks and Braxton will be doing the same.  They are growing up so fast.  They talk and talk and talk ... hmmmm, wonder who they get that from?  <smile>

Work has been somewhat stressful for some time now.  So many things going on at once.  Last week one of my co-workers who comes in at 6:00am also and I began our day with prayer.  We begin by joining hands and praying for our day and other co-workers.  We began this last Wednesday and friends I am here to tell you as I always have ..... prayer works.  Do you pray?  If not, I hope you will begin.   1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 ... Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.  

I close today with .... I am BLESSED.  Praying blessings for you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment