Sunday, February 10, 2013

Starting Your Day With Laughter ...

Let's start this post with a good belly laugh ...



Good Sunday morning to all.  I hope this day finds you all blessed and good.  I know you are blessed and I pray for good for you.  It was a good week last week, wasn't it?  Mine was.  Work was busy as usual but got lots accomplished, the evenings were busy, took half a day off on Friday and got things accomplished around the house so I didn't have to do them yesterday.
Groceries bought yesterday and dinner last night with my sister and a friend.  We got some much needed rain last night ... storm actually, ask my pooch.  And this morning I am up and at it.  AND it feels good.

Gas has gone up again around here ... like almost .15 cents over night last week.  UNBELIEVABLE and ... ridiculous.  I'm so thankful I topped my tank off on my way home Thursday before the jump went in to affect on Friday morning.

My youngest grand little, Brooklyn, spent two nights in the hospital last week with RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus) aka mild cold like symptoms in adults and older children however, in the younger children it can be very serious.  If you read up on it, you will see ... it's bad.  We are thankful that she is doing better.  She cannot return to daycare until after this coming Wednesday.  Her brother, Braxton, has the same type thing but no fever and cold-like symptoms ... primarily runny nose.  When I got off work on Friday, I grabbed some lunch (McDonalds fish sandwich meal) and went over to their house for a visit.  First rattle out of the box when I opened my fish sandwich box up and put my fries in the top part of it and squeezed my ketchup in there ... Braxton sneezed right on top of the fries.  I looked at  Bonnie and all she could do is laugh.  She got a dish and we gave Brax all the fries on the top of the pile.  I had a few left ... I love McD's french fries so I took the risk.

It's time to file my taxes.  I'm waiting for one more bit of information so I can get this 'show on the road'.   No nail biting ... will just wait until the figures are in.

The lettuce(s) and spinach, arugula, turnip greens ... OK, let's just call them the "greens" are growing like no other.  I'm so excited.  I'll give them a couple more weeks before I start cutting to make fresh salads.  See the pics below.





I'm formulating in my mind about making the little 2 X 4 flower boxes to go most of the way along the back fence so I can grow more flowering vines.  Excited about this too.  Going to start my seeds earlier this year so they will get a jump start.  OK, so that's my plan.

I go the surgeon this coming week for my six month check up with her.  I continue doing my self exams in the breast area and under my arms.  Nothing feels strange to me and prayerfully everything will be just fine.  At the end of this month I have a dentist appointment.  Cleaning, x-rays, exam and at that time, I will be setting up my appointment to have the third and final baby tooth removed and the three tooth crown process started.  I dread this ... oh how I dread this.  Not because of any pain but just because I already have two of the three tooth crowns on my left side because of the baby teeth and now I will have three and this one is on the right bottom.  Thanks Dad for my inheriting these baby teeth with no permanent ones under them.  Bonnie has one baby tooth with no permanent one under it and Alicia I think has all her permanent teeth.  Speaking of teeth ... Brooklyn has her two bottom front teeth and is getting one of her top front teeth.

I love my new washer that fills up over the clothes.  It might not save me any money but it does produce enough water to cover the clothes and wash them right.  This is my opinion so don't jump on me about not saving water ... there's just something about knowing your clothes are totally emersed in water while they are washing.  <laughing>  By the way ...  I do have a one year old GE water saver washer for sale.  Interested, let me know.

My prayer partner (co-worker) and I continue to join hands and pray in the mornings.  It is amazing the peace and calm we have in our daily jobs.  So thankful for a God believing co-worker.

It's Valentine's Day week ... get your sweetie some flowers, candy, card(s).  Do something ... don't let the love day or any day for that matter go by without an I love you.  My son-in-law got these cards already from his babies .... Precious precious ....


Psalm 18:1  I love you, O Lord, my strength.

Blessed and praying blessings for you today.
Do Good.  Be sweet. Have fun ... you are loved!


No comments:

Post a Comment