Monday, June 23, 2014

Catch Up Post ....

It's been four months since I sat down here at my computer to write and share and I realized I missed writing when I revisited my blog.  Four months seems like a long while but in essence it's really a mere blink of an eye.  It seems the hours, days, weeks, and months go by so quickly that before we know it another year is come and gone.  Do you ever stop and think about a memories you made?

It is so important for me to make memories,
not just for myself but for my family and friends.  I love thinking back about fun times that make me smile or even laugh.  I want others when I pass through their minds to remember the good times we have had and smile.  I want to grasp every second of life with a smile on my face.  I want to hold on to those I love just a little bit longer before we part.  I want to have a smile in my voice for those I speak to on the phone.  It may sound like a lot of 'wants' here and maybe there are, but when I looked back the other day at some of my first postings on my blog, I remembered once again just how very blessed I was then and am now.  I read some of the posts and remembered how devastating the breast cancer diagnosis was and how in that very second my life changed.  Our lives can and will change in the blink of an eye.  Don't waste opportunities to be kind to others ... and as the saying goes ... Be kind to everyone you meet for you know not what they may be going through.

Matthew 6:21 Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.  

Happenings for me since I last wrote.  I have had another four month check up with my Oncologist. All is clear as far as the cancer --- Praise the Lord.  When I went in I did have a major concern that I had been dealing with for about five weeks.  I had a severe pain in my left rib cage.  It had been horrible.  I knew something had to be broke or that I had ripped every muscle there was in there.  The weeks prior to my doctor visit I had a very bad cough that reached down to my toes (or so it seemed) when I coughed.  It was very persistent and I didn't think much about it, however, I probably should have.  When I explained all this to my Oncologist, she listened to my lungs and listened to my left lung a bit longer and said it sounded bubbly.  She told me she felt pretty sure that I had had pneumonia (I'm pretty sure I did to) and she wanted to do an x-ray.  I was more concerned about my pain than my lung but hey maybe the x-ray would show something.  NOT!  With nothing conclusive on the x-ray, I was scheduled for and had a CT scan. Well it did show something.  It showed my sixth rib on my left side was fractured (the next step would have been broken) and there is a 2 cm nodule in my left lung that she believes is scar tissue.  Now you may or may not remember that I had 33 rounds of radiation on my left arm pit because of the cancer leaking into those lymph nodes. Radiation along with not getting to have any estrogen weakens your bones and I'm sure when I was in one of those coughing spells, I fractured the rib.  I knew all along that my radiation clipped the bottom of my left lung but I never had any problems.  Evidently it causes scar tissues and that's what is being seen on the CT scan. I will repeat the CT scan in six months (and I'm OK with that).  Back to the rib, there is nothing that can be done for it.  It just takes time to heal ... and it is seeming like it's taking a really LONG time to heal.  Note to self ... patience Gena patience and do NOT sneeze.

Another big happening and memory making event was my daughter, Alicia got married June 14.  I must say it was a beautiful wedding and she was stunningly beautiful.  My new son in law has a six year old daughter and Alicia has Madelyn so now the girls are sisters.  The wedding was laid back and fun. Everything went off without a hitch and the newly weds and their precious girls left together to spend their first family night in their new house.  The real wedding pictures are not back yet so here's two pictures that were on my phone.
 
It was kinda funny and kinda sad because the next day, Sunday, I kept looking out the windows to see if Alicia and Madelyn were pulling up in the driveway.  I kept expecting them to walk through the door but now they have a new house and new door to walk through.  I could not be any happier for them. They have a beautiful love for each other and their beautiful girls, a beautiful new home, and a precious new puppy whose name is Bentley.  (P. S. I made Jason's boutineer.)

I have plenty more to share but for now, I will close.  I need to fix my dinner so that I am not eating after 6:00pm (it's a practice I try to follow).

As I close for now I leave you with this.
Finish the sentence ....   I wish I could ......   

Today well lived ... makes every tomorrow a vision of hope.  

Be kind!



 genam44@charter.net

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Gena...My prayers will include you and your battles but I know our God is good and He will heal you and make you stronger than ever before. Congratulations to the gorgeous bride :) Your family is growing !! You have done a wonderful job with your sweet girls and they shine because of your love and faithfulness to God. Bless you

    ReplyDelete