Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Long Way Home

The days run by like a train on a fast track.  It always
seems there's so much to be done and never enough time to do it all.  Why
is it that we feel such pressure all the time to get here, get there, get this
or that done.

 I remember a slower pace in time.  A time that I
watched my Mom and Dad sit in the backyard after supper and talk as they
watched the chickens or ducks or whatever animals and birds we had at that
time.  Time back then ran at a much slower pace.

Today as I left the office with many
things still garbled in my mind, I decided to take the long way home.  I didn't want to go at the fast
pace any more today so I stayed off the freeways and busy streets.  My
trip took a bit longer and the best part was it took me back in time to the
slower pace of life.  I passed beautiful homes with meticulously groomed
lawns and I passed homes that literally looked like a little old shack. As I
passed these homes I thought about life and going home.  My home for now
is on this beautiful earth.  I feel blessed every single day that God
allows me to get out of bed and He allows me an opportunity to help others.
 And then my thoughts changed from my earthly home and I began thinking
about my future home ... my Heavenly home.   John 14:2-3 In my Father's house
are many mansions, If it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to
prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, there I
will want you also.  
I rest assured that I have a place in my
forever home.  I know when I get to Heaven I will be home and the days of
busyness will be over because I have reached my final destination.  

http://youtu.be/yYHT-TF4KO4

But for now, we can chose to take the long way home and slow down or we can stay on that fast track and continue racing around like lost soldiers.  One day none of this will
matter because we will be at our final destination with the One who loves us
the most.  For that I am thankful.
http://youtu.be/yYHT-TF4KO4


"When I Get Where I'm Going"

(feat. Dolly Parton)



When I get where I'm going

On the far side of the sky

The first thing that I'm gonna do

Is spread my wings and fly



I'm gonna land beside a lion

And run my fingers through his mane

Or I might find out what it's like

To ride a drop of rain



[Chorus]

Yeah when I get where I'm going

There'll be only happy tears

I will shed the sins and struggles

I have carried all these years

And I'll leave my heart wide open

I will love and have no fear

Yeah when I get where I'm going

Don't cry for me down here



I'm gonna walk with my grand daddy

And he'll match me step for step

And I'll tell him how I missed him

Every minute since he left

Then I'll hug his neck



[Repeat chorus]



So much pain and so much darkness

In this world we stumble through

All these questions I can't answer

So much work to do



But when I get where I'm going

And I see my maker's face

I'll stand forever in the light

Of his amazing grace

Yeah when I get where I'm going

There'll be only happy tears

Hallelujah

I will love and have no fear

When I get where I'm going

Yeah when I get where I'm going



May you find peace and always have hope.

Blessings....




No comments:

Post a Comment