Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Card That Didn't Make It ....

Good Sunday morning!  I write this morning with a pain in my heart.  Let me explain.  I found out last Tuesday a friend of mine, Stephanie (she started out as the attorney to a close family member and ended up as a friend as well as a cancer sister) was no longer practicing law due to her medical condition.  CANCER!   I HATE CANCER.
I was told that her cancer had spread throughout her body and things were not good.  Her husband had taken her to the beach for one last time along with their three boys and a close friend of hers.  I bought a card on Thursday and had it laying here on my desk to send to her.  You're probably asking what do you say to someone who is dying. Well I was thinking about that and I'm sad that I did not think fast enough because Stephanie passed away at the beach on Friday.  My heart is broken and so sad that this dreadful disease claimed another beautiful person.  I hate this disease ... it sucks, it stinks, it is mean, it is ruthless, it doesn't care that it has taken the Mother of three young boys and left a husband brokenhearted.

So this morning I sit looking at the card that didn't make it to my friend to tell her how very much she meant to me, the card that was going to thank her again for the suggestion to go see my precious Oncologist, Dr. Robyn Young and tour The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders.  I was going to tell her how very much she was loved.  I pray that she can see my heart from Heaven and know all that I wanted to say to her.

Life is real and we get one chance to make a difference.  Death is real and when it comes, I pray that my life will have made a difference.  I remind you today ... don't take life for granted, don't forget to say I love you or I'm thinking of you or whatever it is you need to say ... because tomorrow may   be too late.


**My beautiful friend**
Stephanie Woodard
Stephanie has gone to Heaven where there will not be any cancer, any treatments, any pain, and no sorrow.   The cancer that was in her body can no longer hurt her and today she walks whole and is renewed in the arms of Jesus.   Please join me in the hours/days/nights/months and years ahead praying for the family she left behind.

Psalm 30:5  Weeping may endure for the night; but joy comes in the morning.  
Jeremiah 13:31  I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them joy and comfort instead of sorry.  

Blessings!

gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment