Sunday, January 4, 2015

A New Year ... 2015 ... Do NOT Look Back


Time has gotten away from me since I decided in October 2014 that I was going to start blogging more.  Where  has the time gone?   Seems we looked up and it was Christmas and now we are on the 4th day of January 2015.  There are three things we will never get back.  1) Words after they are spoken; 2) Opportunity after it is missed; and 3) Time after it is gone.  Are you a time waster?  Do you look up from your iPhone and realize the day is gone and you haven't gotten anything accomplished?  And now that time is gone, never to be seen again.  You promise yourself that tomorrow you will be better.  Tomorrow comes and nothing changes.  I have to admit, this has been me on many occasions.
So unfortunate that we are living in times that others lives on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and all the other social media sites are taking precedence over our own families and lives.  People say it's the age we are living in ... I guess we can live in it but we don't have to like it.  More and more people are using texting in order to keep from having to talk to someone.  Why? Why?  Why?  If you find yourself, like I do, guilty of being on social media too much, maybe it's time to realize it and do something about it.
Psalm 90:12  So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.  


******
I am doing something this year, actually doing 2 somethings this year that I have always wanted to do but never have.  I want to read through the Bible this year.  It's such a miracle when you find that God is working with you to realize your wants.  On January 1, 2015, my nephew text us (family members) and said he was going to read through the Bible this year and the reason he told us was not only that he wanted us to hold him accountable but he invited us to join him.  ... Answered prayer for me ....  I've always wanted to but several times I've seen it done where there is a list of readings each day for the old testament and also the new testament.  That my friends is very challenging for me.  Now I know no everyone's brain is as warped as mine and can probably switch back and forth and do that type of reading but I can't.  My brain has been trained to read books from page 1 and in numerical in order to the end of the book.   In order is the way his church is reading the Bible.  They provided an app for your iPhone (so if you see me on my iPhone, I could be reading the Bible) to download and it is a reasonable amount of daily reading and also has a daily devotional to go with the reading.  The app is titled Join the Journey.  It's free and I invite you to download and read the Bible with us this year.

The second thing that I've always wanted to do is memorize scripture.  Again, my brain seems to have only so much capacity and memorization has never ever been one of my strong points so I am facing my fears in 2015.  Beth Moore LPM (Living Proof Ministries) has what is called Siesta Scripture Memory Team (SSMT) and it is designed for folks to memorize 24 scripture verses in a year.  And you get to pick your own scripture ... which in my case is really good because of brain capacity.  The verse I chose on January 1 is Philippians 4:7  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guide your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.  Now perhaps this doesn't seem hard for you but we aren't talking about you because you probably have more brain capacity than I do.  <smile>  Yesterday some ladies told me to sing it and that helps.  It really does so I walk around the house singing Philippians 4:7 to the dog who gets very excited because she thinks is she walks around with me while I'm singing that she is going to get a treat.  <smile>

I want to be in God's word as much as possible in 2015.  I gain strength and comfort, understanding and knowledge and a closeness with my Heavenly Father that no one can ever take away from me. What desires do you have for 2015?  I would love to hear them.

******
As in the title of this blog ... Do NOT look back ... I'm not.  In 2014 I feel God began a work in me and I can't wait to see where He takes me.  My life is not all roses and cupcakes but I am assured that when the thorns and pounds (from the cupcakes) head my way, God is right there with me with the tweezers to pick the thorns out.  Joshua 1:9 Have I no commanded you?  Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you where you go.   Again, my comfort, my strength, I draw from the Lord.  I pray the same is true for you.

******
Would love to hear from you.  Send me an email using the email address below.  Until next time ...

Blessings!
genam44@charter.net

1 comment:

  1. I read the living bible. It took me two years. Mark Priddy 10/4/22

    ReplyDelete