Monday, October 20, 2014

Time Management and A Trip Down Breast Cancer Memory Lane

Time management has become a terrific sore spot in my life.  I do not know what the issue is or if I even have an issue.  I do not have time to make a To Do List <smile>.   All I know is I cannot seem to get things done like I did in the past.  Things that I know needs to be done, things that I really want to do ... have a garage sale, clean out the garage,  get the 1 1/2 wooden pallets out of my garage and to the back of the shed where I plan to use them.  Oh and laundry, I seem to have trouble just getting the laundry finished on the weekends.  Grocery shopping ... who needs groceries if you have a carton of eggs and a loaf of gluten free bread.  NO NO NO ... it's not supposed to be this way.  I am the QUEEN of organization.  I am the person who has to buy her groceries every Saturday morning, I am the person who starts her laundry on Friday afternoon when I get home from work to get a jump start on it, I am the person whose yard has always been picture perfect. I've always been that person with great organization skills and good time management.  I am now into letting grocery shopping go and if I eat a good lunch, who needs a good dinner ... just fix myself a bowl of grits, add some cheese, butter, salt and pepper and call it good.  I am now leaving laundry not only in the dryer but in the washer all weekend after I get it started Friday afternoon.  I am now looking at my yard and saying ... OH I'll do that NEXT weekend.  I do not think that life is supposed to be this way ... the way I am talking about is letting our TO DO list take over our life and when we do not get those things marked off we beat ourselves up.  I often think maybe it's my age ... but wait, I told myself I would never let sitting and watching The Pioneer Woman control my life on Saturday mornings ... no, there's way too much to do.  Well it happens and by the time she goes off, I've gained five pounds and I'm out of the mood to clean out the garage.  <laughing> Yes, I'm laughing at myself as I type.  Time management plus getting things done has always equaled MY NAME.  I'm here to tell you ... not anymore.

Saturday was my THREE year cancer free anniversary.  Praise God Praise God Praise God ... I am where I am today because of Him.  That is one anniversary which a cancer survivor will never forget.  I hope when someone tells you how many years of survival they have had, you will be as happy as they are.  Unless you have walked the cancer road (and my prayer is that you haven't), you cannot begin to know how much these anniversaries mean.  God is good ALL the time.  Today I want to take you on a little picture tour of my journey ... beginning with family pictures we had taken in September 2011 after I found out I had bilateral breast cancer.
 


 Holding back the tears that day as I held these two precious grandbabies.  

 












My hope stone given to me by the nurse navigator at Joan Katz Breast Center.  Sheree was the first person I talked to after my diagnosis.  She answered all my questions, held my hand as I cried, calmed my fears and slipped this stone in my hand on our parting hug.




After surgery (not pretty)


Up and about





  First real clothes after surgery




Four drains/four measuring cups.  One of the bulbs at the bottom of each drain that pulls fluid out of surgery site.

Dr. Alan Johns ... breast cancer survivor.  Tells a mans version of breast cancer.











Above:  Hooked up for the first time to chemo

One section of the Chemo Room
Short and spikey preparing for bald.  




BALD is beautiful.
 I have probably exceeded my picture quota on my blog for the day so I'll stop.  CANCER stinks.  BUT I am a walking testimony with God by your side, you can even smile through the baldness.  I tear up just looking at these pictures and remembering how God walked beside me all the way and on those days I could find the energy to walk, He carried me.  Thank you Father for loving me enough to hold me no matter what.

Philippians 4:19  My God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory.

Blessings !!!

genam44@charter.net

1 comment:

  1. Anns youngest Son has sold two houses to come live with us in the past from having cancer. I did all the driving to Dallas. He has been cancer free for years now. Good job. Mark Priddy 10/4/22

    ReplyDelete