Friday, November 9, 2012

Happy Dance Friday ...

As I looked around outside in the front yard yesterday, I noticed that most of the lawns on my street look a lot like this picture.  The grass still has a little green in it and the falling leaves have turned their beautiful golden, orange or brownish color.  I love this time of year.  For me it seems to bring a peace of mind.  The air at times right now is crisp and fresh when you pop outside.  We know that winter is on the way.

It's a happy dance Friday because .... I'm off today which gives me a four day weekend.  Of course I woke up at regular time ... 4:00am ... primarily because my torso where the shingles are was killing me.  I have to tell you ... in all that I have gone through this past year, I have never experienced any pain like this.  This pain is unbelievable and relentless.
I mean ... totally relentless.  I already took an 800 mg of Ibuprofen that I had gotten when I had my mastectomy.  It seems to be lessening the pain.  The bumps that multiplied since the pictures I posted are actually drying up.  The ones on the front are looking good, the ones on my back were a little more intense so they are still pretty visible.  All I know is that I do not ever ever ever want this again.  Get your shingles vaccination ... it might not stop you from getting it but it will help with not having such a bad case.

Work was very busy this week as I played catch up on the things that I had missed from being off two days the week before.  Busy makes the week go by pretty fast.  Yesterday I had the opportunity to speak to several of our new managers.  What a blessing.  I am so happy I had this opportunity and am able to help them through the difficult days of learning the ropes as a new manager.  Great job y'all.

Today I want to get my sewing area fixed up here in my bedroom.  I found an embroidery machine yesterday on Craigslist and am praying about whether to go buy it.  That is something I want to get in to and I doubt that I ever find a machine at the price this one is and in such good condition with all the manuals and parts.  I also want to get the fabric to start the rag quilt for my little buddy for Christmas. I will share pictures as I go along.  Note to Bunny ... you live close enough to me that you will have to come see it in person. <smile>  The serger I bought on Tuesday is sitting over here and looking pretty complicated but I'm up for a good challenge.  I have plans for that machine too.  Here's a pic from the internet of a serger ... mine looks similar.  Mine is a Juno made by Janome which is supposed to be a good brand.  For the price and what I want to use it for, I think it will be perfect.

All the littles were here last night.  It once again was a special fun time.

That's about all for me this morning, I reckon.  Happy the pain is letting up after taking the big Ibuprofen pill.  Praise the Lord.




Blessed and praying blessings for you today.

2 comments:

  1. So if you get really good at the machines we can always use another monogram person for the store....
    love the fall pics,
    Love you,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patti. As you probably figured out, I have a plan and a little over 2 1/2 years to put it in place. I will let you know when I conquer these machines. I would love to help out at your shop. Love you back ...

      Delete