Thursday, November 8, 2012

Terrific Thursday

It's already Thursday and do you want to know how happy I am about that?  REALLY happy.  I'm off tomorrow and Monday is a holiday ... four days off for me.  I have plans to clean and get laundry done in the morning and then head to Lone Camp, TX to a craft fair where my friend, Leslie, her sister, her Mom and her sister in law will have wares to sell.  I love small towns USA and all the closeness of the people.


Back of bag
Front of bag
I am getting into the sewing gig.  I have sewn all my life.  Made myself a new dress every Saturday when I was a senior in high school ... so every Monday I had a new dress to wear to school.  And ... I got to make them as short as I wanted (kinda ... until my Daddy saw them and then I had to fix the hem ... ha ha ha) because back then we wore really short dresses.  Anyway dresses are not on my agenda now ... but rag quilts, feed sack totes, maybe some aprons, bibs and such.  I bought a serger and another sewing machine yesterday and hoping to find an embroidery machine also.  I just have to get set up and get going.  Can't wait ... watch my blog for things I've made. Here's my first tote ... these feed bag totes are made out of actual feed bags.  This happened to have been a deer corn bag.  This one is for a very special little guy and it will have a camo rag quilt inside for Christmas.

Work has been really busy ... as usual.  I may complain now and again but I am thankful for my job and the position I have and all that goes with it... like health insurance.

My grand babies are growing like little weeds.  Braxton and Madelyn are talking and getting more independent.  And baby Brooklyn is still just the sweetest baby ... just like her Mommy was.

My shingles are getting better slowly.  The bumps are getting lighter but the nerve pain continues.  I have not missed one dose of the meds I was given and actually added a non-narcotic pain med to help with the pain.  Again I say ... take a shingles vaccination ... you do NOT want this.  Also, I noticed yesterday that the top of my left arm was looking a little puffy and it hurt a little so when I got home from work, I put my compression sleeve on.  It helped tremendously so this morning I already have it on.  It's not the funnest thing to wear but if it keeps the lyphedema away ... who cares about looks.

This is all the time I have to write today.  I ask that you pray for our wonderful nation.  I'm not sure the path we are headed down in the next four years but God does.

Blessed and praying blessings for you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment