Saturday, November 3, 2012

See for yourself ... Shingles

Get a shingles vaccination ... you do NOT want this.  I think I caught mine in time and started taking the Valtrex to shut the virus down, I still have a pretty good case of shingles ... however, I've seen pictures of people who are covered solid with this.  I cannot even imagine the pain they would be in. All the spots are like fever blisters on my torso.  If you've ever had a fever blister on your lip ... multiple the pain by a million ... not only the spots but underneath the skin is the nerve pain ... that's the worse pain.  Shingles follows the nerves and causes the extreme pain.  These spots got from my spine around to the middle of my tummy.


My left side 

Closer to the front of my tummy

Front

My back ... see the patch along my spine ... yes it hurts and
itches really bad.  
Blessed that this is on my torso and not my face/neck/eyes/legs ... none the less painful though.
Look for the good in your life today ... I do.

Blessings and praying blessings for you today.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you have the shingles. It is because you have a weakened immune system and or stress can bring them on. I had them a year ago. The medicine made me sick so I could not take it. I resorted to an accurpunchist that helped a lot. I had a the worst case they had seen. But I was all over them in 6 weeks. Just wearing clothes really hurt. So I stayed home.
    A cold ice pack or cold wet cloth on them was great for pain. I hope you get better soon.
    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete