Monday, November 12, 2012

Magnificent Monday ....


What?  Did I say magnificent Monday?  I believe I did.  It is magnificent Monday because today is a holiday for me.  So thankful for these extra days off especially when they are combined with my Friday off giving me a four day weekend.  The weekend has been busy.  Friday was house cleaning and laundry and then a trip to Lone Camp, TX to a little craft fair where my friends had some of their sewing projects for sale.  I got some great ideas, came home and got on the computer googling instructions and have completed one project ... well almost, I still need to add the button.  Precious little crayon holders for the littles.  I have Dora the Explorer and Minnie Mouse fabric for girls.  I thought this fabric was versatile, so brightly colored and cute.  If you have littles and want one, email me.






I intended to get more sewing done in the last three days but sometimes things don't work out exactly like I plan.  Today will be a sewing day.






I made tortilla soup yesterday and have the filling prepared for King Ranch Casserole.  Early preparation sure helps with evening meals during the work week.  I love it when I am prepared ... sure makes life easier.

A little update on my shingles.  The bumps are drying up slowly but surely ... but ... the bumps are not all there is to shingles.  The nerve pain is still with me almost in full force.  I can tell it has gotten just a bit better but it is still here.  The 800 mg Ibuprofen prescription combined with the Tramadol (mild pain pill) helps get me through the terrible burning sensations on the nerves.  This Thursday will be two weeks with this dreadful condition.  I still say ... GET a shingles vaccination.


 <----- Left Side





<----- Back






I was so lucky this morning to wake up at 3:35am and not be able to go back to sleep.  Uggghhhh ... not sure why.  I think my mind goes 90 mph sometimes and it's hard to slow it down.  Now if only my body could keep up with it, I would get more accomplished.

My hair is growing back well.  I thought about coloring it again, you know adding high lights to brighten it up but have decided not to do that.  I am just going to go all-natural .. or so I think.  I feel extremely blessed that it's as long as it is and actually covers my head ... sure helps with the cold weather to have hair. <smile>  

Isaiah 46:4  Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you.  I have made you and I will carry you; I sustain you and I will carry you.  


And lastly but not least ... Happy Veterans Day and a big thank you to all who gave so much so I can enjoy my freedom today.





Blessed and praying blessings for you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment