Sunday, November 25, 2012

Post -Thanksgiving Post

It's early Sunday morning after wonderful time off to the tune of 4 days.  I'm so thankful for the time to rest (sort of) and rejuvenate my heart and soul.  My nephews were both here and it's been great getting to hang out with them some ... more so for my sister, I know.  Today Justin will head back to Florida and Travis to Dallas.  They are such a wonderful change of pace.

We did our big Thanksgiving meal on Friday which is our new tradition.  Bonnie and Buddy head to his family dinner on Thursday and then to her Dad's which is where Alicia eats that day.  On Friday I get them all to myself.
 I think this was the best Thanksgiving meal ever.  I don't know what it made so good but it was.  I was ... of course ... reflecting back on last year and today <Sunday> was the day I began my first round of steroids and anti-nausea drugs so that I could take my first round of chemo tomorrow.  How very thankful that is not the case this year ... however ... how very very thankful that the chemo was an option for me.

I could sit here and 'try' to recount all my many blessings today but I can't ... because there are far too many for me to even try.  I know if you have kept up with me through my blog, you know where I've been and where I am today.  God is not good just 'some days' ... He is good every day.  He far provides love and blessings beyond what I feel I deserve.

A little shingle update ... better.  See!  Blessed again.  About a week and half ago I was wondering if they were ever going to take a hike ... they are hiking just in a slow poke mode.  The area is still numb where the bumps/blisters were and you would think there would not be any pain, however, that would be an extremely wrong thought.  The topical area is numb ... the nerves beneath are very much still alive and still throb.  I am going on my third week of wearing jeans to work.  Jean, you ask?  My slacks that I generally wear sit higher on my waist and press on the area and cause it to hurt worse ... my jeans are lower rise jeans and sit well below the area and doesn't have any affect on the area.  But ... yes, they are better.

We were given two hours off early last Wednesday and I took advantage of it.  I finished the rest of my Christmas shopping complete with stocking stuffers.  I am so happy about being finished.  So over the weekend if I got out ... of which I did ... it was for sewing stuff.  Who knew Joann's Fabrics could be so busy?  I must say that the wait in line to check out was worth the deal I got on the yarn I use to make infinity scarves.  I've made three of them since last Wednesday and have four more to go ... well that's how much more yarn I bought.  Of course my nephews really think I've gotten old now ... knitting Gena, really?  They are young ... what do they know .. or wait ... understand?  <laughing>  I love getting back in to sewing and being creative and who knows may try to sell some of the things I make.
Above:  The beginning of my first scarf. 

Above: The three that I have made.




 I also bought a ribbon type yarn and I think that scarf is called a boutique scarf.  I started it last night and almost got it finished and should be able to finish it today.





And last but not least, I finally got my new glasses.  This picture doesn't really any justice to either the wearer or the worn but oh well ... it's like a friend of my told me once that dabbled in photographer ... the picture is only as good as the subject  <laughing>  and so well we work with what we've got.



As I close today, I pray that you are all well and good.  I've had some ups and downs as you've read but I know God is in control and He will get me through what's going on.  Your prayers are always appreciated.

Blessed and praying blessings for you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment