Friday, August 3, 2012

Prayers for Mandy ...

Isaiah 41:10  So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.



I have a beautiful friend who needs our prayers.  Mandy is a lady I went to school with some 35+ years ago.  She is beautiful inside and out.  She was in a terrible car accident on Tuesday, presumably someone ran a red light and hit her.  She has a severe concussion and crushed pelvis.  She is in and out of consciousness.  The medical staff planned an MRI last night to see what was going on with her brain.  Please pray for Mandy and her family.  God will hear one and all.   Sweet story ... We were finishing up dinner last night and I had tears running down my face as I was thinking about Mandy ... my sweet grand daughter reached over and patted my arm with her lasagna covered hand and said "it's OK Grammy".  God sends us angels of all sorts especially with our grand babies.

Gabby Douglas, the young woman who won the gold last night praises her Lord.  What a blessing it was to hear her on national TV praising God for her success.  "It is everything I thought it would be; being the Olympic champion, it definitely is an amazing feeling.  And I give all the glory to God. It's kind of a win-win situation. The glory goes up to him and the blessings fall down on me," Douglas testified in the interview.  She tweeted: "Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things He does for me."  Gabby also mentioned that she lives one precious minute at a time.  Congratulations to the young woman who has a God given talent and stands up and praises Him for it.  

I am not sure what happened with me and sleep last night but it was not to be.  I turned the TV off at 11:00pm and was awake at 2:00am and ready to get up.  I turned the TV on and it was some more swimming so I turned it off.  I took many cleansing breaths and then I prayed.  If you needed prayer, I'm sure I covered you with it last night.  It may have been the build up of the steroids in my system that caused the insomnia.  I am on the count down ... two more today and one tomorrow and I am finished with them.

I am praising God for feeling so much better.  Yesterday the 'knife stabbing pain' was gone in my left lung.  I could take a deep breath and enjoy it.  Praise the Lord.

Today my prayers continue for my friend, Mandy and her family.  A difficult time for all.  Again, please join me.  God continues to listen ... He loves for us to call on Him.  Thank Him for you blessings.

Ephesians 1: 3
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ"


Blessed and praying blessings for you all.  Praying healing for Mandy and comfort and peace for her family.  

genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment