Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Texas Heat and Other Ramblings ...


The steroids have kicked in full force attacking the inflammation in my lung and also causing my face to be firey red and burn.  I am so thankful to be feeling better this morning and am thankful that I can take in a deep breath without as much pain in my lung.  Praise the Lord.  I know this latest hurdle is temporary and I am so thankful for that.  I believe that while I continue to build my body up physically there are still things I must keep in check.  Stress … honestly there is nothing good that can come from stress.  It affects our bodies in such a negative way.  I promised myself when I returned to work after my surgery and treatments that I would not allow my job to stress me out.  I will be promising myself that once again.  I, like you reading this, want good health and the ability to feel good and my plan is to stay healthy.  This in no way means I will not care about my job, it means I chose to take care of me.  We all have that option whether it is work stress or personal life stress … we make the choice.  I chose life … how about you? 

Since I am homebound for the week and resting, I have a lot of time on my hands.  The steroids kept me awake yesterday but I continued to rest a lot. The ePad (you read that right … Asus ePad not iPad)  I bought while I was taking chemo got a work out yesterday.  Yeppers, caught up on all my blogs that I read, searched various other blog sites and added those to the collection, checked Facebook a jillion times along with Twitter all the while watching the Olympics.  I decided about 12:45pm that I needed some lunch, even though I was not hungry due to the steroids, so I popped one of those single serving bags of popcorn and drank a 7-up and finished it off with the last two steroids for the day.  Good meal I would say. 

The heat is up outside and consequently my blinds and doors are closed.  I feel like I am sitting in a dungeon or cave.  In an effort to conserve air conditioning and electricity, we open the blinds in the morning before the heat rises to 100+ and before mid-day try to ensure all the blinds are closed.  I really dislike being in the darkened house, however, being in a cool house right now is more important.  It is a temporary darkness and I know we will make it through.  I would much rather be in the dark physically while I am keeping the Texas heat out than to be in the darkness and not know our awesome God. 

After watching the U.S. gymnast, Jordyn Weiber, there was a lesson that can be learned.  Jordyn’s minor bobble on the balance beam combined with a small misstep out of bounds on her floor exercise cost her a spot in the individual all around competition for a gold.  It makes one stop and think about how many bobbles that happen to me daily yet I am still on God’s team.  My daily bobbles do not affect my standing with God and how thankful I am about that.  When our days on earth are over, Jesus will be standing at the finish line when we arrive … clapping and singing and saying welcome home my child. 
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

Blessed and praying blessings for you today.  

gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment