Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday Catch Up Blog ...

It's been a full week since I have had an opportunity to sit and write.  I've missed it ... there are so many things that have passed through my life this week that I wanted to share but fatigue set in about mid-week ... back at work after being off the previous week really did something to my energy level.  I was able to walk this week at work ... got in about 4 miles all total... Praise the Lord.  Of course I feel every single muscle that had not been used in a while ... they scream at me all the time when I try to get them going but I don't listen and keep moving.

I went back to see Helena at The Center for my one week follow-up from the pneumonia/inflammation in my lung.  She had gotten the official x-ray report and was reading it on the computer screen in the room with me ... for a long time she kept reading ... which was kinda freaking me out.  I'm thinking ... what is she looking at?  Then she said to me ... Did you know that you had had a broken rib on your right side?  Well ... nope!  She said ... this shows you did.  GREAT!  Just wait until I see my brother and sister and ask them ... which one of ya'll beat me up and broke my rib?  <laughing>  Growing up we were little scrappers!  <smile>  Glad I'm grown and don't have to do that anymore.  I was the middle child and the smallest in stature ... however ... I could hold my on!  <laughing>  OK, back to the x-ray report.  It officially showed a cloudy area at the bottom of my left lung, however, there was nothing definitive as to what it was.  All I know is the medicine cleared it up and I was released.

On Thursday I had my two week follow-up to the six week follow-up for my hysterectomy.
Dr. Kohlmorgen released me ... Praise the Lord.  I ask her if I could ride my bicycle and she said yes.  Now, I have to buy a bicycle.  <laughing>  I was just making sure I could ride it before I bought it.  I want an old fashion single speed bike.  Why, you ask?  I really just want an old single speed bike if I can find one.
The week was very busy at work ... so much so that I didn't feel like sitting in front of the computer when I got home.  I had so many things I wanted to write about but I was so tired.  When I woke up Saturday, I had a migraine that haunted me all day ... all because I was so tired from the week.  I know my energy level will build back up and I am trying so hard to be patient.  Praise the Lord, I slept all night last night and didn't wake up until 5:00am this morning.  That's good for me.

Thank you all for your prayers for Mandy.  It was posted on Facebook that she woke up and was responding well to everyone on August 6.  This is answered prayer.  She had to undergo surgery on her pelvis which was broken and also had to have a stomach surgery.  It is expected that she will be transferred to a rehab facility possibly early this week.  Thank you again for your prayers.

A few really neat quotes and scripture verses that was on Twitter this week.
*  Thinking hasn't gone out of style.
*  When you focus on God's promises instead of the problems, you’ll notice your thoughts will be healthier and filled with peace.
*  When we stay focused on our own process of refinement we will have little need to criticize or look down on others. {Psalm 66:10}
*  When you are trying not to interfere, pray for the person then they won't know you're interfering.
*  Everytime you forgive you disappoint the devil.

Yes, believe it or not, I'm on Twitter and I love it.  I follow many Christian women who speak and write blogs.  I get so much from reading their tweets throughout the day.  It is a neat way to stay connected and focused on what matters ... our awesome Lord ....  Sign up for Twitter and look me up.  I don't tweet much ... I retweet the good stuff though.

Everytime I have seen my new grand daughter, Brooklyn, I look at this baby and think to myself ... this baby looks just like my brothers baby pictures.   Below is my brother, Marvin and Brooklyn ...




Well as it turns out, Brooklyn looks just like my baby pictures.  My daughter, Bonnie (her Mommy), kept saying ... This is scarey that she looks so much like your baby pictures.  I'm thinking 'scarey' <laughing>  I thought I was a cute baby.  <laughing>  So I told Bonnie that ... she said ... no, it's that she looks so much like you and the Cagle family.  I love that my little grand daughter looks like her Grammy did at an early tender age and favors the Cagle family.  

Yesterday I went to the first church service at Gateway (4:00pm) so this morning was free.  I got my grocery list together and headed to the Kroger.  Yes, KROGER ... I can get .10 off a gallon of gas for every $100 I spend.  Today I stayed on budget ... $80 or less and am headed to $100 for the gas discount.  AWESOME!  Bonnie told me Friday that she looked at her most recent Kroger receipt and was up to .70 off per gallon of gas.  I was commenting  ... Wow, Bonnie that's good, that makes your gas cheap AND she was saying ... Mom, do you realize that's $700 worth of groceries?   I guess it's all in how you look at it and besides it wasn't like she had spent $700 all at once.  <laughing>  The gas points accumulate.  <laughing>

Speaking of Gateway Church ... I love the worship there and plan to take the class to become a member.  I know God is calling me to do something at Gateway and I am following this call.  Pray for me that God reveals what it is when He is ready.

So after the grocery store, I can home and got the Italian Chicken recipe in the crock pot (not pictured) and put together the Chicken and Spinach Pasta bake casserole.  Both of these recipes make enough for two meals for us so I will freeze the other portion for a week I don't want to cook ... like probably next week.  <laughing>  Here's a picture of the Chicken and Spinach Pasta bake ...  it's supposed to have mozzarella cheese on it.  I will add that when we get ready to eat it.

I also splurged and bought a lemon bar mix.  After lunch, I threw the eggs, water and mix together and baked it.  




   As it was baking I decided I wanted a cup of coffee ... weird, I know.  The coffee was so good and so was the hot out of the oven lemon bars.  I ate way too much ... I don't want anymore.  <smile>  From the picture below, it looks like I ate a lot .. I heard Alicia in the kitchen getting her some ... I only ate the width of the pan about 3 inches over into it ... you see where she started her row ... why did she leave that little piece?  hmmmm I may need .... never mind, I'm sick of lemon bars.  



A couple of weeks ago, I went to my Walmart Neighborhood Store and as I was checking out, there was a lady and a young girl pull up behind me with their cart.  I heard the lady say ... Look at this, this is terrible.  My first thought was ... Is she talking to me?  In actuality ... she was.  <laughing>  Me and her daughter ... and this is what she was talking about.  Notice anything strange in the picture below?  OK, I confess ... it took me a minute to realize what she was talking about ... the .03 cent charge for the gift card to Walmart.  You have to pay .03 cents for the card now ... they used to be free.  I could not believe this.  Perhaps this has been happening for a while and I just never noticed but ... REALLY!  
I am currently reading a wonderful book by Lysa TerKeurst ... Unglued.  It is awesome and Lysa is so upfront and personal about her own behaviors about coming unglued.

I think if we were all honest about it, we all come unglued at one point or another.  I personally have been 'unglued' most of my life ... now hold on before you judge me.  I don't remember God appointing any man-made judges here on earth.  <smile>   Try Amazon .. it's probably cheaper than on Lysa's website.
I am going to my first-ever Women of Faith Conference in Dallas in September.  I am so excited about this that I get giddy when I talk about it.  My sister and her friends have gone for years and always come back renewed and refreshed with lots of good books to read.  Is anyone else out there going?  If so, let me know, maybe we can get together there.  I have added the video from the website ... hoping it will play for you.  If not, here's the link ...   http://www.womenoffaith.com/events/dallas/

Guess what time it is ... Sonic Happy Hour ... first a good cup of coffee and now a Sonic ice tea (only .99 cents)  ... yep, I'm from the south ... I love them both ... tea and coffee and I love the cheap price during happy hour.

Please know that I pray for you daily.  While I may not know you specifically, please know I pray.  I know that is what God wants us all to do... Colossians 4:2 Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.

I would love to hear from you ... leave me a comment or send me an email and as always .. thank you for visiting and reading my blog.  It means so much to me and my prayer is that there is something you will come away with that lifts you up and lets you know that God is with us all.   Forgive my pictures being all over the place ... I'm learning.  <smile>

Blessed and praying blessings for you.

genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment