Saturday, October 6, 2012

I Blinked ...

... and she grew up.  My oldest daughter turned 30 this past week.  I must tell you that no matter how old my girls get, they will always be my babies.  I see them as the women they are and am so proud of them.  But there are many times I look at them and I see them as the little red, squiggly babies from yesteryear. I would like to offer some tips for new Moms... those days that you think you can't stand any more fussing and fighting or the little ones get into things they shouldn't or the newborn cries incessantly  ... keep your patience in check and remember ... don't blink too long because you will miss all the fun that is in store for you while raising and helping to mold their little lives.  God blessed and trusted me with my girls and allowed me to be their Mom ... I pray that I made a positive difference in their lives.






At the end of my work day on Monday, I was having some sinus drainage and of course didn't think much about it.  Tuesday I was talking to my brother on the way to work and he told me I should be taking something to stop the drainage or it would get worse.  I told him I didn't want to because at least I didn't have a sinus headache.  By the end of the work day Tuesday, my voice was beginning to leave.  Wednesday morning I was only at a whisper.  By the end of the day Wednesday, I was running a low grade temp and my throat burned like it had fire in it.  Thursday morning I called and made a doctor appointment.  Ended up with the beginning of upper respiratory and sinus infection ... and another round of thrush.  That was probably the burning in my throat.  After taking two days of the antibiotics and two days of the thrush medicine, I'm feeling much better.  Voice still comes and goes ... some like that ... I don't.  I like to talk and be heard.  When you don't have a voice, no one wants to talk to you.  <smile>

The weather this fine Saturday morning is cool and rather breezy.  It's truly beginning to feel like fall.  Last Sunday I decorated the front porch and in the house (a little).  I love this time of year ... my favorite time of year actually.  And right around the corner is Christmas.  I have bought one gift already and plan to get most of my shopping done well in advance so I can enjoy the season in a more relaxed pace.

I continue to encourage every woman (and man) I know to do self breast exams and ladies to get their yearly mammogram.  It is so important and you will find peace once your finished.

Although there was a slight glitch in my week with the sinus/upper respiratory stuff, I continue to find much joy in life.  Things from yesteryear that I took for granted, I now see with different eyes.  The joy I have in my life now is amazing.

J - Jesus first.
O - Others second
Y - Yourself last.

1 Chronicles 16:27  Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy are in his dwelling place.  

Blessed and sending blessings to you today.  This day ... the day that the Lord has made.
genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment