Saturday, September 8, 2012

How Do We Look to God?


This past week when I was getting ready for work, I stood up and when I looked back at my lined up makeup, I thought ... Wow, that looks like a lot of stuff to make me look good ... well at least presentable.  Being of the OCD type, everything has to be lined up as I use it.  When I'm sitting there in front of that mirror, it doesn't seem like much but when I stood up and looked back, it did.  I was shocked in a sorts.  While I take time to 'fix myself up' everyday because I want to look good, I think about how God sees me.  He doesn't care if I use all this stuff on my face or that some of my eyelashes are falling out again, He cares what my heart is dressed in.  Is it dressed in the love and compassion for Him that He cares about?
Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  He loves me just the way I am and He will always love me no matter what.  He could care less if I put all this stuff on my face ... however, I know others appreciate it.  <smile>  I'm thankful today and everyday that He loves me just the way I am.

This past week was really busy ... good week I would say.  I took my volunteer paperwork to The Center and will be volunteering at special events until I can retire in three years.  I look forward to this new adventure of volunteering and the good news is ... the next two events are on my Fridays off.  What a blessing and answered prayers.

This morning I am attending the Catch the Vision class at Gateway Church to become a member.  I have prayed about this for a while and I'm excited to say that a few weeks ago, God led me to the decision to join this church.  I feel connected here and I feel the power of God in the services.  If you are looking for a church in the DFW area, please try Gateway.  If you are not in the area, visit www.gatewaypeople.com and check out the sermons.  Pastor Robert Morris is an awesome preacher who is as down to earth as they come.  Thankful this morning for this decision to join.

The Texas heat may be heading south and I cannot be more happy.  This summer has been another grueling summer of HOT HEAT... of course it is Texas.  It was 70 degrees on my patio at 5:00am this morning and there was water on the patio ... light shower I guess.  Again so thankful for this cooler weather.

Remember a while back when I ask for prayers for my friend, Mandy, who was in a bad car accident when someone ran a red light and hit her?  Mandy continues to need our prayers.  I went to see her at the hospital yesterday after to work and had an opportunity to chat with her hubby.  Mandy has had seven surgeries since the accident one month ago and really needs our prayers.  It will be a long recovery for our sweet friend and I ask that you remember her daily in your prayers.




Today I will leave you with some of the cutest grandbabies ever.
Above:  Braxton enjoying Labor Day at the lake.

Above:  Brooklyn is all smiles these days.

Above:  Madelyn with Grammy's sunglasses driving Grammy's car  in the hot garage.

John 14:27  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.  

Blessed and praying blessings for you today.  

genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment