Wednesday, September 19, 2012

How Was Your Day?


I hope your week is going well.  Mine is.  I am looking forward to the weekend as it's my first time to attend Women of Faith.  I'm off Friday and plan to get all my 'stuff' done around the house before heading to the Friday evening session which last two hours and then all day Saturday. 

I received the conversation with God below in an email from my friend, Camille.  Read on ... it might put a whole new perspective on things for you.  It's like I always say ... with every disruption, disappointment, etc, there will be a blessing, you just have to look for it.  


HOW WAS YOUR DAY?


Me: God, can I ask you a question?
God: Sure.
Me: Promise you won't get mad?
God: I promise.
Me: Why did you let so much stuff happen to me today?
God: What do you mean?
Me: Well, I woke up late.
God: Yes.
Me: My car took forever to start.
God: Okay.
Me: At lunch they made my sandwich wrong and I had to wait.

God: Hmmm.

Me: On the way home my phone went dead just as I picked up a call.

God: Okay.

Me: And on top of all that, when I got home I just wanted to soak my feet in my new foot massager and relax, but it wouldn't work!!! Nothing went right today! Why did you do that?

God: Well, let me see. The Death Angel was at your bed this morning and I had to send one of the other angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that.

Me: (humbled): OH...

GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that would have hit you if you were on the road.

Me: (ashamed)

God: The person who made your first sandwich today was sick and I didn't want you to catch what he has.  I knew you couldn't afford to miss work.

Me: (embarrassed): Ok...

God: Your phone went dead because the person who was calling was going to give false witness about what you said during that call. I didn't even let you talk to them so that you would be covered.

Me: (softly) I see, God.

God: Oh, and that foot massager had a short that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.

Me: I'm sorry God.

God: Don't be sorry, just learn to trust Me in all things, the good and the bad.

Me: I will trust You.

God: And don't doubt that MY plan for your day is always better than your plan.

Me: I won't, God. And let me just tell you God, thank you for everything today.

God: You're welcome, child. It was just another day being your God, and I love looking after My children.


Sometimes we have to look at the disruptions, disappointments, aggravations, etc as blessings.  Stay calm and know that God has your very best interests at heart.


Isaiah 41:10

10 So do not fear, for I am with you;    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you;   I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.


Blessed and praying blessings for you today.



genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment