Thursday, September 20, 2012

Where Is Your Home?



Where is your home?


This is my home and I love it.  


I can answer that by saying that my physical home is in the DFW metroplex of Texas. I am blessed with this home that I was able to buy 17 years ago.  It has seen many many changes since I bought it that I am proud of ... I must say. I heard this song today and it reminded me that this is just my temporary home for now. This song is such a beautiful gentle reminder that this world is not my home.  John 14:2-3  In my Father's house are many mansions, if it were not so, I would have told you.  I got to prepare a place for you.  And if I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.    Please click on the link and take a listen and sing along or whatever ... I bet you will smile as big as I did.  Click on the title ...   This Ole House - Better Midler    Now tell me you didn't enjoy that.   As I said, this song is a gentle reminder that this world is not our home.
**********************

Last Friday when I attended the Simply the Breast luncheon at The Center, I was able to get my official ID card and smock for when I volunteer.  I will volunteer at special events on my days off for now.  I know this is what I am being led to do and I praise the Lord for this opportunity.

I went to Home Depot to look at mums and asters last night(thanks for the idea, Patti). for a sneak preview of their Tuesday delivery of plants.  I found what I want to plant but didn't get anything as I am not sure when I can get them planted.  I have Women of Faith in Dallas Friday evening and Saturday.  If only Home Depot sold clothes and groceries.  <smile>

I hope your week is going well, mine is.  Extremely busy at work ... extremely busy.  The days fly by though so I am OK with it.






I saw this picture and thought it was worth sharing.












Blessed and praying blessings for you today.

genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment