Friday, September 21, 2012

This and That Friday ...


When there are disruptions in your friendship, how do you handle it?  What causes disruptions in our friendships?  Is it them or is it us?  Where do you turn when disruptions enter your friendships?  Do you go tell another friend about the circumstance and beat the person up?  I believe a better choice is to go through a thought process within our self first.  I am here to tell you that I certainly do not have all the answers to these questions.  

After many years of not much trust for other people which really had nothing to do with them, I can tell you today with a much richer trust in Jesus, my insecurities have diminished.  I cherish all my friendships.  In the past, I always wanted people to like me and when they didn't, I didn't get it.  If someone didn't like me, I tried even harder to make them my friend.  Hello ... insecurity.  I have come to realize that sometimes people just don't want to like you or they get upset and are snarky and they chose to leave the friendship on their own.  I now accept that fact and move on.  With friendships, we never intend to hurt someone's feelings and ...being human ... I think we have a propensity of rather than confronting the person about the hurt feelings ... we stew in bitterness and shun the person ... after all isn't that easier?   It may be easier but it gets nothing accomplished.  Talking about friendships, do you have a Facebook?   Facebook ... another post all together.

I believe that friends can be like family and we may use the word ... fremelies ... to describe them.  OK, so that's not a word but we can make it one.  I use the word and have many friends who use it too because that is how we feel about our friendships ... friends are extensions of our families.  To all my friends ... I hope you know that I cherish our friendships and I pray for many years of lasting friendship to come.    






Women of Faith ... Dallas starts tonight and all day tomorrow.  This is my first time to attend this awesome conference and am looking forward to it.  EXCITED!   I am hoping to get many pictures to share.


The week behind was a busy one.  I am thankful it is over and we are moving into the weekend.  Three glorious days off to rejuvenate the body, soul and spirit ... very needed.

I would love to hear from you ... drop me an email using the addy below.

Blessed and praying blessings for you today.
genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment