Friday, July 13, 2012

Fabulous Friday ...

It has been a very busy week.  I was able to go back to the office on Monday after my two week post op follow-up with Dr. Kohlmorgen.  I was very thankful for that news.  It is good to be back at the office and in my routine.  I love that I have been able to work from home during this journey and ever so thankful.  Tuesday found me at my three month follow-up with the Endocrinologist, Dr. Cox.  I felt that I got good news there after the thyroid sonogram.  Thankful that I am not having another surgery at this time.  Wednesday found me at The Center for my appointment with my sweet Oncologist,
Dr. Young.  I definitely recommend this beautiful lady to anyone who has been diagnosed with breast cancer.  She is awesome, as well as, the entire staff in her office.  Dr. Young had lots of questions and needed answers as to how I was feeling.  At this point things that I am supposed to be aware of are ... any bone pain, any tenderness in my liver area or any new chesty cough or tightening in my heart area. I do not have anything that would cause me concern and I know if I felt any strange twinge I could call The Center and get right in for a check.  I talked to Dr. Young about 'when' is my anniversary date ... this date is important to us breast cancer patients.  She said they use the date that I became cancer free ... that makes SO much sense.  I told her I thought it was the date you were diagnosed ... and like she said ... why would you want to celebrate the day you were diagnosed as an anniversary?  So with that information my new anniversary date is October 18 ... the date of my bilateral mastectomy and the day that I became cancer free.  I will not see Dr. Young again until October 10 which is close enough to my anniversary date that all my future appointments will be scheduled around that date.  At this point, she will not do another PET scan ... if I have issues, she would.  Praise the Lord ... no PET scan needed as I do not plan on having any issues.

I have noticed a swelling in the pod of tissue under my left arm below my scar.  I'm pretty sure it has to do with accumulation of lymph node fluid.  Since my surgery, I have not done the drainage procedures for that area due to where my little incision is on my left side.  This morning I was able to begin again.  Before my surgery, the pod of tissue had almost gone away due to my consistent draining the area.  Please pray I can get this area cleared out again and nothing comes of the swelling.

As I reported on Wednesday evening ... I received an answer to one of the unspoken prayers I had ask for.  Thank you all for praying and please thank our awesome God who answered our prayer.  Remember to keep praying ... there are others in that unspoken prayer requests that are dealing with their own issues.  They need our prayers.  Again, thank you for your love and prayers.

Update on my grand babies - Madelyn, my oldest grand daughter, is getting very verbal.  She is repeating what she hears (watch what you say).  She retrieves a diaper from her room if you tell her to go to her room and get one.  She knows when she is 'shooey'.  She loves to talk (hmmmm wonder where she got that from).  She's her Mommy made over.  My sweet grandson, Braxton, is getting more verbal.  He has been here the last two afternoons when I got home from work.  He gets excited to see his Grammy.  He loves to come over and show me things.  He's a busy little bee who loves to discover what is in the bottom of the toy bucket.  He empties everything out like he is looking for something.  He's a thinker and loves to try to figure out how things work.  My newest little grand daughter, Brooklyn, is growing so fast.  She eats really well and is filling out well.  She has now been on soy formula for the last two weeks which has helped with the persistent crying after her bottle (lactose intolerate like her Mommy and Aunt Alicia were).  She takes baby gas drops and started a reflux med this week which Bonnie says has seemed to helped also.  She looks just like her Mommy.  I will try to get some new pictures over the weekend.

Are there any women out there attending the 2012 Women of Faith in Dallas September 21-22 at the American Airline Center?  My sister and her friends have gone for years and I plan to join them this year.  http://www.womenoffaith.com/events/dallas/  I'm so looking forward to the event.

Gotta get for now.  In the mornings when I sit to write it seems the time just flies.  I leave my house at 5:30am to head to the office ... traffic is a lot less at that time of the morning ... and when I get off at 3:30pm, the traffic is much less for me than those who work until 5:00pm.  Every where I look ... I am blessed.

"Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him." Psalm 2:12. NKJV.


Blessed and praying blessings for you today.  


gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment