Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday ... Feeling Good and Other Stuff ...

First let me start by saying ... what a difference a week makes ... after you have surgery.  This time last Friday I was laying on a bed at Baylor-All Saints waiting to hear from Dr. Kohlmorgen about the CAT scan they had just done on my pelvic area.  I was in pain and I was miserable.  After a weekend of taking pain meds, Monday rolled around and I felt better.  It is now Friday again and I feel really good ... haven't taken the pain meds for four days only the Motrin which I am wondering if I even need.  Praising God about how much difference pain meds and week makes.

I have three doctor appointments next week.  Monday is my two week post-op follow up with
Dr. Kohlmorgen, Tuesday is the three month check-up/sonogram for my thyroid and Wednesday is blood work/appointment with Dr. Young, Oncologist.  WOW!  I truly went from a yearly check-up to having about 8 or 9 doctors.  I thank God for every single one of my doctors/nurses/technicians ... all of them.  They have helped me get to where I am today ... healthy again.  Thank you Lord.

Speaking of helping me get to where I am today ... you have often read in my blogs about my precious Jarrod who passed away in 2010 from melanoma.  Jarrod was 24 years old and a true man of God.  He was a great guy with good values, a beautiful heart and always had a smile on his face.  Jarrod has visited me over the last 10 months through his Mom, Greta.  Greta began using Jarrod's Bible while going through Bible studies at church.  She has shared with me many scripture verses that Jarrod had marked in his Bible while he was going through the return of the melanoma.  Jarrod has spoken to me so many times when I read the scriptures ... I hear his voice, I see his smiling face and I know he is with me.  I praise God every day that we had Jarrod for the length of time we did ... he touched many many lives.

Above:  Brother and sister dressed up for Halloween.  Alicia
called him 'bro' or 'brother' and he called her 'sister'.  

Above:  Brother and sister at Bonnie's
wedding.  
Today Jarrod's Dad, Bruce, came over and put this beautiful decal on the back window of my Highlander.  I am honored ... Jarrod, I love you and thank you for continuing to speak to me through your Mom who shares scriptures from your Bible.

Above:  See the "J" ... it's a fish hook.  Jarrod loved
to fish.  
I must share with you yet another person in my life who has been diagnosed with breast cancer.  Remember over the last several weeks that I have requested prayer for my friend, Judy?  Her Mom, Ginger, was diagnosed this week with the same type of cancer as Judy ... invasive lobular carcinoma.  Please pray for Ginger and continue praying for Judy as they are walking their cancer journeys now.

I have done it!  It ... being I have changed my electric service provider from TXU to Reliant.  I spoke to TXU prior to contacting Reliant in hopes they would give me a cheaper energy rate but at their lowest they still could not compare to Reliant.  I know I had to be a real challenge for Brittney at Reliant.  She was so patient and kind and explained things over and over and assured me there were no hidden charges.  AND she was in Houston ... not India ... and I could understand every word she said.  Praise the Lord.  She calculated the amount I would have paid Reliant by using the kWh on my June TXU statement and it came out $40 less than my averaged bill amount.  That would be about $90 less than the actual amount if I were not on average billing.  I prayed during my entire conversation with Brittney as to whether I was supposed to do this and I found peace in changing.  Thank you Sandy for the email and the tip.

God is good ... He is an amazing God.  He never leaves us ... He gets us through the troubled waters safely.  Praise Him ... through the good and the not so good.

Blessed and praying blessings for you.  Have a wonderfully blessed weekend.


gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment