Wednesday, July 11, 2012

When Troubled Waters Rush In ...

Jarrod verse -
Psalm 27:14 -- Wait for the Lord;  Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord.

When troubled waters come rushing at you, how do you handle it?  Do you cuss, scream, run, or turn to alcohol, drugs or other harmful things to your body?  Well don't ... don't become a person that no one knows ... turn to God.  He is watching your heart break and He wants you to look up and cry out to Him.  He wants you to grab His hand and find comfort and know that He has your very best interest at heart.  

I have several people in my life right now who are walking through the rushing troubled waters and they need our prayers.  I am not at liberty to divulge any information but as I have said before, God knows the issues and He wants to hear from all of us.  Pray for these unspoken prayer requests ... lift these folks up to our Awesome God.  Even if you are not going through troubled waters, He still wants to hear from you.  It's like I tell people when I get the opportunity to talk about my journey ... I would not be where I am today without my awesome Lord.  He brought me through the troubled waters and if you have read my blog, it seemed the flood gates opened all the time.

Here's a link to the song ... Word of God Speak by Mercy Me ... please click and listen.  The link is safe ... find comfort in the words of this song ... I have two browsers open and listening to the song/words right now.       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTY-UKgLlXs   God is here for us ... all we have to do is listen ... He will speak.    Thank you dear family, friends and readers for you prayers for the dear people in my life who are walking through the troubled waters.

God opened another door for me to share my breast cancer journey yesterday when I was at the Post Office.  I was standing in line waiting my turn with a postal worker and the lady behind me said to me ... I love your hair.  Only someone who knows what it is like to lose your hair can know how this makes someone in my shoes feel.  I love it when someone tells me this.  This sweet lady (and how I wish I had gotten her name) was also going through a cancer journey.  She was in remission from a rare blood cancer that primarily attacks men.  I shared my blog site and sweet lady I do hope I hear from you.  You blessed me more than you know, you opened the door for further conversation there in the Post Office.  AND ever last or least ... I got to share my awesome Lord ... there in the middle of the North Richland Hills Post Office.  And Renita, sweet postal worker who shared your Grandmother's story ... you blessed me too.

Update from the thyroid sonogram ... My thyroid is 5 to 6 times larger than a normal thyroid.  GREAT!  <smile>  This means my thyroid is so big that one side of it would not fit on the sonogram screen.  She had to take two separate pictures for just one side of it.  She said it was so large that the bottom of it was under my collar bone.  I am not having any issues ... like problems swallowing or sleep apnea ... so Dr. Cox said she did not see anything suspicious on the sonogram (by the way, it's great having a sonogram and immediately getting the results and not having to wait ... Praise the Lord).  We talked about the options of having it out and she will continue watching it.  I go back for a follow-up in a year.  Praise the Lord that the nodule on the bridge of my thyroid had not grown.

I know I said I would share a funny story but it's already 4:45am and I need to get ready for work.  I promise I will share ... just not today.

Please lift my unspoken prayer requests up to the Lord this very minute ... as you read this ... stop and praise God and ask Him to be with these folks.  I know they will appreciate it and I certainly take my hat off and thank you.

Today I leave my hurting friends/family with my precious Jarrod's verses from Psalm 27:5-9.

Psalm 27:5-9


For in the day of trouble 
    he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
    and set me high upon a rock.
Then my head will be exalted 
    above the enemies who surround me; 
at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy; 
    I will sing and make music to the Lord.
Hear my voice when I call, Lord;
    be merciful to me and answer me. 
My heart says of you, “Seek his face! 
    Your face, Lord, I will seek.
Do not hide your face from me,
    do not turn your servant away in anger; 
    you have been my helper. 
Do not reject me or forsake me,
    God my Savior.



Seek His face today ... know that He loves you and He is with you no matter what your situation is right now.  Thank you awesome Father.  I lift my hands in praise to You.

Blessed and praying blessings for you today.
gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment