Monday, July 9, 2012

Sometimes They Push You Away ...

Something that has been on my mind for quite some time is ... sometimes a person will push you away when they find out they have cancer or some other dreadful disease.  This happens and I cannot give you any reason or explanation for it, it just happens.  I would tell you ... do NOT take it personal, do NOT allow this to affect a friendship as this is not about you.  I never got angry ... I never ask-Why ME? ... I needed time to process the information before I could begin talking about it.  If you go to the log of my posts ... they began in October ... I got my diagnosis on September 15.  I needed the time to process, pray ... pray ... pray.  I certainly did not sit around and think ... I think I will push so-n-so away ... that was NEVER ever the case.  So please do not take to heart any 'pushings' from a friend or family member who has been diagnosed.  They are not pushing you away ... they are dealing with life and wanting to grab hold and not let it slip away.  I have been pushed away by people and I totally understand their feelings/heart.  It's tough so I want you to pray for these people and hold on to the friendship.  It will come back around.  Personal Experience:  I have a Facebook and I did not want anything posted on my Facebook page about my cancer.  I would delete anything that resembled anything about cancer.  I even deleted my Facebook account several times, each time it seemed I lost friends.  It was not until recently that I was ready to start attaching my blog posts on my Facebook ...  Knowledge is power and I want to reach as many folks as possible to help them possible get through the cancer journey and most importantly share my awesome God.

NOTE:  After I published the blog post this morning, three paragraphs below are highlighted with white.  I have no idea why blog spot does this.  I hope and pray you can still read the post.

Today is my two week post op with Dr. Kohlmorgen.  I am being optimistic that she will let me go back to the office.  I am ready ... this is a very busy time of year for me and Praise the Lord, I feel so much better.  I did not take the Motrin yesterday ... you know me, I have to test the waters to see if I really needed it.  The things that hurt right now have always hurt.  I am still building my body back up from inactivity over the last 10 months ... my ankles, legs, and back aches the most and it's not directly cancer related ... it's from not being as active as I was pre-September 15, 2011.  No complaints from me though ... I am thankful to be able to get out of bed and feel as good as I do.  


My nails ... I am so thankful that I used the ice blocks to hold on to during the chemo drug Taxotere.  As I have explained before, the ice stops the blood flow to your nail beds and you do not lose your nails.  Toenails are a different story.  It appears I am losing all my toenails.  When I was giving myself a 'pedi' (that's what everyone calls it - I call it cutting/filing/painting my toe nails), I see how the new nails are growing up under the old nails however, the old toe nails are not ready to release yet.  It does affect the feeling in my toes too. 


I wanted to share some new 'hair' pics.  Now these pictures below may not show much to you but believe me ... the hair is growing and it is wonderful to have long eyelashes and even a smidge of bangs when I push the hair down.  My hair is filling in across the crown of my head.  It seems to have been the slower growing of the hair and the last to fill in.  And by the way ... it's hard trying to take good these type pictures <smile>.


Hair growing over my ear.  See how dark it is?



Smidge of bangs 

Eyebrows and wonderful eyelashes.  





Praises:
*  Feeling good and moving forward.  Praising God that I am where I am in my journey.  It's been a fast 10 months.
*  Wonderful family and great friends who continue to be such a great support system.
*  Ability to paint my finger and toe nails again.  This may seem small to you but it's a big deal for a cancer patient.
*  Ability to drive myself now.
*  Opportunities to be here for others who are going through the troubled waters of cancer.
*  So so much more to be thankful for ...

Prayer Requests:
*  That you are thankful for your life ... as the poster below says ... Someone somewhere else is fighting to survive.
*  I have many unspoken prayer requests.  When you pray for these requests, just mention Gena's unspoken requests ... He hears, He knows, He cares, He will answer.
*  The heat in Texas.
*  Pray for rain.  You might be in an area that has received some rain ... I am not.  I would love for it to start and rain 3-4 days or however many God allows.
*  A friend of mine, Jeff W. had his high-dollar motorcycle stolen out of his locked garage on Friday. The thieves cut a whole in the garage door, reached in with something and unlocked, and took the bike (crotch-rocket type bike).  He still owes on this bike and his insurance was not enough to replace.

The poster above came from my friend, Sandra Galonska Facebook
 page.  Sandra is the massage therapist at the Center.  She found me on the day of my last round of chemo and gave me a leg and foot massage.
She's a beautiful woman and has a beautiful heart.  


SO blessed and praying blessings for you today.

gkmorrison12@gmail.com


1 comment: