Sunday, July 15, 2012

Our God's Not Dead ...

Yesterday it hit me ... I cannot say it slapped me in the face but let's say 'it dawned on me' that my necklace that I wear with my cross and breast cancer support ribbon were out of proportion.  Years ago I received a cross that I love (it was just like the one my sister had) and I wore it pretty much all the time.  The weekend after my diagnosis, we made a trip to James Avery and all of us got the breast cancer ribbon to add to whatever - necklace or bracelet - that we wear.  I chose my necklace to share  with my cross.  The 'it' in yesterday is about the breast cancer ribbon being much larger than my cross.  Now this may sound weird to you but stay with me here.  There is nothing bigger than my God.  Breast cancer or any other disease is NOT bigger than my God.  I had to go to James Avery and fix this.  I found another beautiful cross that when I wear with the breast cancer ribbon, the cross over powers it.  This is exactly what our God does ... He over powers anything that comes in our life.


Jeremiah 32:17

17 ‘Ah, Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You.


When I looked at the wounds in my life, I never questioned if God could heal me.  God's word tells me there is nothing larger than He ... my beliefs tell me there is nothing larger than my God.  There is nothing in my life that with God I cannot get through.  To say that your problems are too big for God is literally to be puffed up with pride.  God is aware of all of our situations and He promises to bring healing and to restore us.  God does not promise that we will never experience adversity or suffer grief or face a terrible disease such as cancer, He does promise He will be here for us if we do.


Isaiah 41:10

10 Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’



So with my thoughts yesterday came a change I had to make ... now this may seem strange to you but it has full meaning to me.

Above:  This was the original cross.
'It' hit me ... there is nothing larger
than my God.  

Above:  My God is greater
than anything including
breast cancer.
Above:  Breast cancer get
behind my God.  You will
not win. 

As the lyrics of the song "Like a Lion" says ....  My God's not dead, He's surely alive, He's living on the inside, roaring like a lion ....   Here's the link to the song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghC3gqNQJPQ ... 



take a listen and remember our God's not dead and He is here to conquer anything ... absolutely anything that we may be going through.  Praise Him even when you are down in the dark valley for He will surely have you looking up and reaching for that mountain top soon.  


This post was put on my heart yesterday because yet again my awesome God keeps showing me and teaching me ... yep, even this ole hard headed gal continues getting taught.  I praise Him for speaking to me through my Jarrod verses, through all the wonderful music out there and through His comforting words ... my Bible.  Thank you Father God for conquering anything that comes my way.  


Blessed and praying blessings for you all.  
  

gkmorrison12@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment