Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thursday Update

A few days ago, my sweet friend, Greta, sent me the following Jarrod verse ...


Psalm 138:8 NIV
“The Lord will fulfill HIS purpose for me; Your Love, O Lord, endures forever –
do not abandon the works of Your hands.”


During this last surgery, I have needed this verse more than I ever knew I would.  I was thinking las evening about how good I was feeling before the hysterectomy.  I was moving and shaking.  I knew that this was major surgery, what I didn't know was how major it was nor did I know how much it would take out of me.  My expectations for myself have been way too high.  I know that if I do not take it easy, I could be in for big trouble.  I haven't done anything of great consequence ... I just needed to realize that this isn't going to heal in two weeks ... like I had planned.  I then remembered it is not about 'my' plans but His.  His plans are much greater than mine.  God continues to teach me patience as well as the fact that He has everything under control.

I am currently shopping for electricity.  I have never changed from TXU because I am on average billing and I can pretty much always know what my electric bill is going to be each month.  Well pooey on that.  TXU is much higher than all the other providers I found yesterday.  I am looking at Reliant .. any Reliant users out there?  They offer 7.9 cents per kWh based on 2000 kWh and a 12 month contract.  There seems to be additional fees but 7.9 is 4.7 cents less than I am currently paying TXU.  I think there is money to be saved here.  If you have electricity shopped ... please email me with your experiences.

Yesterday morning my sister pulled the peppers and the herbs up out of that garden.  The herbs laying on the ground were harboring/offering a breeding place for mosquitoes so I decided to get rid of them. The mosquitoes are bad enough without offering them a breeding ground.  Also, we found a rabbit nest.  A couple weeks ago I was out in the evening watering and when I sprinkled over the herbs, a couple baby cotton tail rabbits ran out.  They were nesting in those herbs ... there was a nest of hair.  I have not seen the rabbits since then.  Below I am sharing what the backyard looks like now with all the plants gone that gave me such joy this spring.

Above:  Taken from the east side of the house.

Above:  The shadow from the huge cottonwood
behind the fence.  It offers some needed shade.



Above:  Hyacinth beans.  I plan to plant
solid next year across the back fence.

Above:  Taken from the west side of the yard.


Above:  Could never forget the ever blooming
zinnias.  

Ephesians 1:3 ... Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.


Blessed and praying blessings for you today.

gkmorrison12@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. I understand what you are saying about being careful when you are starting to feel better.
    I have to do that too.
    I was wondering if you have the book Jesus Calling by Sara Young.
    It is a small devotional but it is different in that it is like Jesus talking to you. It has scriptues too. It is the most comforting book I have ever read.
    God Bless you! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correction, I mean other that Gods word the Bible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Gena, I had no idea you were going to have a hysterectomy, I had that done in `07 had no problems with the surgery but the hormones are a different story all together....
    hoping your better. Your yard is lovely...I love rabbits.

    Its me Linda ...(Mymanyblessings)

    ReplyDelete