Thursday, January 26, 2012

Beautiful Thursday

Update from Wednesday Afternoon
Yesterday I was working and about 1:30pm I began feeling really draggy and achy and guess what I suspected?   FEVER!  Yes, I took my temperature and I had 99.5.  My hospital doctor and Infectious Disease Doctor told me to expect a little temperature along the way.  I took my two Tylenol, left work for an hour (that means I had to walk to the den), got in my recliner and dozed off to sleep for bit.  When I woke, I immediately took my temp again and it was down to 99.1 ... good deal, it's on the way down.  By dinner time, it was down to normal and stayed down all evening.  Praise the Lord!  About 1:30am this morning, I woke up and knew that it was back up.  At that time it was 99.1 so again the two Tylenol and back to bed.  I woke temp free this morning and have remained that way all day.  Praise the Lord!



Due to being in the hospital last week, I had to cancel two of my appointments with the Lymphedema Therapist but I called today at 8:20am and just so happened she had a cancellation at 9:00am.  I got in gear and got there for another wonderful informational appointment.  I wanted to ensure that I was doing the lymph node drainage procedures the correct way and for the most part I was.  She showed me two extra things that I can do (she said because I was a good and aware patient) and I'm really happy to have these two additional procedures.  Ms. Linda also measured my left arm again and not much had changed from the original measurements which means my arm is not really swelling.  Praise the Lord!  From the measurements, she has a chart which determines the size of compression sleeve I will need.  My sleeve will not go over my hand (Praise the Lord) but rather stop at my wrist.  AND I do not have to wear it all the time, primarily when I exercise, yard work, vaccum (yuck), or anything of repetitive motion. She gave me a sheet for recording my arm measurements every 1 to 2 months.  She told me not to get obsessed (hmmm she must know me better than I knew <smile>).  This way I can keep up with any changes that I might not can feel.  I feel blessed that I have yet another wonderful medical person in my life.



As of today I have finished two of the prescriptions that I was sent home with.  You know there's a little something scarey about finishing those because in my non-medical mind I think that at least I am protected by taking the antibiotics (viral doesn't respond to this tho) and the Naproxen which is an anti-inflammatory and fever suppressant.  I still have Diflucan which is for the thrush.  I sure hope I don't get that again, it was painful.  Anyway ... I know God is healing my body and I rest assured He is taking care of me even with the meds being finished.



Yesterday I received a book in the mail with a hand-written note from a friend.  A.G. if you are reading my blog, I cannot thank you enough for sharing this book.  The book is titled  ... A Good Day Anyway ... My Poetic Journal of Cancer Survival ... by Dave W. Massey.  Mr. Massey has survived cancer twice (as well as the treatment).  During his treatment, he wrote poetry.  It is truly an inspiring set of poems that maybe someone who has not been through cancer and the treatment of such could learn something about the treatments.  More to come regarding this book.  Again thank you A. G. for sharing this book.

THANK YOU ---
This section is dedicated to my family.  They are my support and cheering section as I move through the ups and downs of my chemo.  They pick up the pieces for things that I am not able to do at this time.  They let me cry when I need to cry, they laugh when I laugh and they listen to my endless stories of how I feel. (Remember I don't have much outside life so I ain't got much to talk about.)  I love hearing the stories from their days because it is something other than fever, chemo, blood counts, etc.  I pray for each and every one  of my family and so thankful that God chose you all to be mine.  So family and friends who are truly my extended family your support, help, and love is priceless.  My awesome Lord how you have blessed me.

Please keep your prayers flowing.  I know God hears each and every one of them.
Much love and many blessings.

 genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment