Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Little Update

Monday was my blood count check so off I went to Center to have that done.  I wore a mask the entire time I was in there because as you can imagine, I am a little scared now.  Ms. Cindy, the nurse that gives me my blood report got the report back and said, "You can take that mask off, your counts are excellent."  Excellent blood counts are wonderful and I'm so thankful but I still kept the mask on until I got outside.  I came home and logged in and worked the remainder of the day.  Lesson learned that day is that I must get up and walk around even if in my house because my chest where my incisions are and just not feeling up to complete par, I was miserable the rest of the evening.  Couldn't wait to shower and get in the bed where I could lay down.

Tuesday I got up feeling much better (Thank you Lord) and was able to work.  IT issues caused me a problem but hopefully this morning that has been corrected.  After work I cooked dinner and it was so good. We had some organic chicken breast that I soaked in brine water all day and then made chicken strips and yes, I battered and fried them, made some gravy, sauteed fresh spinach in a little bacon grease and topped with a couple strips of bacon and sweet potato fries.  It was so good and I'm taking advantage of being able to eat while my appetite is good.  This Saturday I must get to Weight Watchers to weigh in for this month.  My weight is maintaining what it was when I started this journey.  Over the weekend I was taking steroid breathing treatments and that causes weight gain and my weight went up for a few days but has gone back down.  I was able to get out yesterday before the rain and walk up and down my street twice.

I continue to do my manual lymph node drainage exercises that I got from the lymphedema therapist before I got sick.  I need to make a couple more appointments with her for the appointments I missed last week while in the hospital.  I feel this is an important part of this journey.  Knowledge is power and I do not want to just blow this off and say "oh well, so my arm is swollen" ... and yes, there are people out there that say that.  I also need to be fitted for my compression sleeve.

I continue to take the prescriptions that I was sent home with and know they continue to work on any infection that may be remaining.  Praising God for feeling better and knowing there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

Thank you for your prayers, please keep those coming.  Prayers are priceless.

Love and many blessings for your wet Wednesday.

 genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment