Monday, January 9, 2012

Funday Monday - Chemo Round 3

It's Funday Monday, and at 4:40am I threw my leg over the side of the bed after a good nights sleep and got up and got going.  I have some things I want to get done this morning before leaving for my infusion of medicine as I get round 3 past me.  I have taken my morning steroids and have my meds ready to pack in my purse and be ready to go when Alverna gets here to pick me up to head out and get this treatment going.

I made a crock pot recipe of Corn Chowder yesterday of which I love and it was so good.  I got the recipe off Pinterest.  If you are not signed up for Pinterest, send me a private email and I will send you an invitation and you can sign up.  It's by invitation only so you have to be invited.  They have all sorts of stuff posted on this site besides recipes and it has become my new fav site for recipes.

This morning when Alicia and Madelyn leave, I have to get the rake and go rake the french drain beside my house to ensure no clogging in case we get all rain they are calling for today.  I could hear it lightly raining when I woke up during the night at 1:00am ish.  It didn't seem to hard so I am assuming the hardest rain will come later.  Hoping at least!

I continue to do my left arm exercises to stretch and keep the muscle stretched out.  It seems not doing these exercises only one day sets me back some and I don't want that.  Guess it's something you have to keep doing for some time.  That's ok, I can do that.

Speaking of  "I can do that" ... there's so much we can do that we don't think we can.  Our attitudes and perseverance makes all the difference in the world.  Remember when we were little or maybe our children were little and the story of the little train going up the hill and he says, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can" well I modified that for my life, "I know I can, I know I can, I know I can".  Join me today and repeat that when you face a difficult situation ... Attitude and perseverance and "I know I can" will get you through.

Gonna run and get dressed for the day.  Makeup already on and hair is too short to do anything with ... Laughing.  Go grab a cup of coffee or your drink of pleasure and have a good day.

Praises:
* Great weekend
* Surrounded by love

Prayer Request:
* Chemo treatment
* Those taking their first infusion today
* The days to follow

Love and sweet blessings,
 genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment