Monday, January 30, 2012

First Dose of Steroids

Sunday began the steroids again for round 4 of chemo today.  JUST THINK .. only two rounds left after today. Praise the Lord.

The steroids kicked in early and I could not sit still.  The day's accomplishments -  Cleaned out and rearranged the pantry and had to use the drawer we had given Madelyn to put toys in when she is in the kitchen with us.  Moved lots of items that needed to be located in more user friendly places.  Next came Tootie's bath and trim up around her eyes and tail.  My groomer is the greatest but she clips Tootie in a true Shih Tzu cut and long eye lashes and long tail does not work for me or her.  The hair around her eyes causes infections and well I probably don't need to tell you what a long tail does when she potties.   Bathroom clean ups came next.  That alone wears me out but I persevered.   Next came a bite of lunch with my sister and off to the office we went so I could get something accomplished that had to be done there. Got home about 3:00pm and had a snack and in my room I came to make file folders for all the separate medical expenses I'm receiving to pay.  Organization has a way of calming me.  I looked up at it was 4:30pm and time to start dinner.  Got the pork loin in the oven, prepared sweet potatoes (my Thanksgiving sweet potatoes = YUMMO) and broccoli.  Came back and finished up the file folders.  Went and finished up dinner and my sister, Alicia and Madelyn and I enjoyed.  Alicia cleaned the kitchen and then it was play time with Madelyn while Mommy ran to the store.  Ended up staying up until 10:00 (late for me)... slept until 1:30am and then it was waking time until 3:30am.  Woke up again at 4:30am and got up at 5:00am.  Steroids are great for energy and definitely help with the whole chemo process and I'm so thankful for them but they really mess your sleeping up.  I will work this morning until time to leave for my chemo and take my laptop with me to work while I sit and get the infusion.

Praises:
*  Unspoken prayer request was answered yesterday and I know this because I felt the calm come over me as God answered the prayer.  YES, I believe in prayer.
*  Greatest day yesterday after having felt so incredible lousy for about 4-5 weeks.  Praising God for wonderful earthly physicians and always His awesome healing hands.
*  My family
*  My friends

Prayer Request:
*  A dear friend going through some family issues right now.  She and her family needs our prayers.  No name necessary just prayers.
*  Those who may beginning their journey through a new cancer diagnosis and/or chemo today.
*  I am able to take my 4th round of chemo this morning after having all the issues last week.
*  A decision I'm wanting to make after I find out additional information.

Thank you for your continued emails, texts and most of all your prayers.

Love and many blessings on this magnificent Monday.

 genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment