Thursday, January 5, 2012

Praising the Lord

Yesterday I did an experiment with my fever.  I decided I wasn't going to take any Tylenol and just see what happened.  My log began at 6:20am with 99.0 ... 11:10am with 99.2 ... 2:15pm with 101.1 ... 4:00pm with 101.2 ... 6:30pm with 100.2 ... 8:10pm with 100.4 at which time I knew I would be going to bed soon so I took two Tylenol.  Now I gotta tell you that fever all day made me feel like pooh but I was determined to see what would happen.  I drank over 100 oz of water during the day so I knew I was getting enough fluids.  I went to bed at 9:00pm and other than getting up with the pooch at 10:00pm, I slept all night ... cool as a cucumber.

This morning I'm praising my awesome Lord.  I had a great uninterrupted nights sleep.  Woke up this morning about 4:30ish and still felt cool.  I got up and moving at 5:00am, put the coffee on and then took my fever.  It was a cool 98.5.  Since then, I've had two cups of coffee, talked to my sister on her way to work and started sweating and praise God I'm sweating under my left arm where the lymph nodes were removed.  I'm praying this is a turn-around day for the fever.  I'm so ready for it to be gone.  Thank you Lord.

So enough about me....

Today is my daughter, Bonnie and her hubby, Buddy's anniversary.  Four years ago today they were married.  Our family was blessed with the addition of this young man.  

Since then they have added my precious beautiful little grandson, Braxton.  He is easy going, always smiling and growing like no other.  He is getting more verbal and his Mommy is teaching him sign language of which he uses.

And speaking of babies, today my grand daughter, Madelyn turns 14 months old.  She is my other joy.  She's a mover and shaker (like her Mother was), climber (my girls were not climbers so this is a challenge), smart and sweet.  Her Mommy is also teaching her to sign of which she is learning and doing.  She loves to feel Grammy's bald head, as well as, all my hats and she calls me Ma.

So lots going on today and I'm thankful I'm feeling good this morning, that I am surrounded my beautiful family, and all my precious friends who continue to support me through this journey.

Thank you for sending me emails yesterday telling me what is going on in your lives.  They brightened my day more than you will ever know.

Praises:
* Good sleep last night
* Feeling better this morning
* My family
* My friends
* The medical team that takes such good care of me

Prayer Request:
* Please continue praying that the fever stays gone
* For those who have been recently diagnosed with breast cancer

I would love to hear from you.  Email me at genam44@charter.net.

Blessings!
Gena

No comments:

Post a Comment