Sunday, January 8, 2012

Friday - Saturday - and Now Sunday

I didn't get an opportunity to update on Friday (Praise the Lord) because Thursday my fever broke and I was able to go to the office on Friday and work all day.  Last week was my third week after chemo, that's the week we chemo patients call our "good week".  Most of mine was having the fever but I won't complain as there was a reason (I don't know what it was) and then it went away.  While at the office I was able to get everything caught up and that makes me happy.  After work I came home and fixed spaghetti for dinner and even able to lay down for a short nap before dinner.

Saturday morning I got up and got at it.  We fixed breakfast (I kinda charred the sausage patties but they were edible).  Alicia made blueberry muffins with a new mix I bought.  We added fresh blueberries (too many were Alicia's words) but they were edible but the left overs were not saveable <smile>.  Mid morning we got out and shopped a little and I picked up a couple things I had wanted like a emulsion hand mixer, you know the stick looking mixer they use on Food Network to thicken soups and stews, a meat thermometer of which I've never had.  After our shopping, we had lunch at Chili's and I got my chip and salsa fix from there.  It's not the best salsa but it sure is good ... and oh, the Ranch dressing too.  Following the shopping and lunch, it was nap time.  I layed down on the couch, covered up like it was 30 below and went sound asleep.  The next thing I hear (2 hours later) ...  Gena Gena Gena ... it was Alicia trying to wake me up because she said I was snoring really LOUD.  Evidently she had tried the Mom Mom Mom but I didn't wake up.  Slept really hard and felt like I was in a fog the rest of the afternoon.  Dinner found me at Bonnie and Buddy's having wonderful (Paul Morrison recipe) meatloaf, garlic mashed potatoes and sweet carrots.  It was so good.  Braxton and I got to play and talk for two hours and it was wonderful.  He's walking and talking (in Braxton language) so good.

So now we are to Sunday.  I woke at 5:05am and got up knowing that I must begin the steroids today in preparation for round 3 of my chemo tomorrow.  Two steroids down and two to go for today.  My coffee is great this morning (as always) and always my cold ice water is so delightful.

Yesterday I was perusing Facebook and one of my friends had posted the graphic below.  I thought it was cute and so reminded me of myself.  Take a look below and you will see why ....





Do you see the resemblance?  OK, so I may not be as curvy as these gals above ... <smile>  but look at their heads.  And bald is not half bad and it is my preferred method of being.  My 'get ready' time has been cut in half without having hair.  Friday morning when I was putting on my makeup, I thought I would test some of the hair that 'seems' to be hanging on so I singled out a little hair and got my finger nail up under it and pulled.  It slid right out of my scalp.  So I figure most of the hair that I thought was still hanging on is really rooted, instead it's just in the hole waiting for it's departure.... all except the two gray hairs I found.  I pulled on them and they are connected.  OUCH! <laughing>  Go figure .. the grays are hanging on.

I have the wigs, I have several caps and head gear but I am most comfortable being bald.  On Friday I had worn my wig to the office which requires me to put a little cap that looks like a hose stretched over my head before I put the wig on.  When you're bald, you don't have anything for the wig to hold on to so you have to put the little cap thing on first.  I had a migraine on Friday and having that cap thing and wig on was like putting my head in a vise so after about an hour at work, I took all of it off and bald it was all day.  I did have one of my embellished caps with me so when I got cold, I put that on until I could warm up.  Saturday afternoon found me shopping at Sam's with my sister ... bald.  I wore my cap in but I pulled it off as soon as I got in.  Caps of any kind are just not comfortable to me unless I'm cold.  No one seemed to stare at the woman with no hair ... if they would have, I would have just said ... CHEMO.  <laughing>  


So this is my latest update.  I'm up and about on this blessed Sunday morning and ready for what the day holds.  

Praise:
* I'm feeling good and believing my chemo schedule will go on as planned.  I'LL BE HALF WAY THROUGH MY TREATMENTS WITH THIS ONE!!!
* My sister seems much better after hurting her back last weekend.
* My appetite is back and praying it stays that way.
* My grandbabies are thriving .. walking and trying to talk.

Prayer Request:
* Chemo goes well ---  I'LL BE HALF WAY THROUGH MY TREATMENTS WITH THIS ONE!!!
* My friend, R. M., who has been under the weather.
* All those who have just found out they have breast cancer.
* My dear friend, C. D. who is having surgery tomorrow.  I can't be there for her during her surgery like she was for me but she will be in my prayers.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your continued prayers.  They mean so much to me and I know God hears each and every one of them.  

Blessings!  
genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment