Sunday, January 15, 2012

Renewed Energy and Appetite

Saturday morning I got up early and got my coffee which was not tasting all that good yesterday.  My mouth was somewhat coated from the chemo but Praise the Lord as the day wore on, the taste buds came back alive.  I just love my coffee in the early mornings not for the kick start because I drink 1/2 caff but the taste.  Anyway the morning was a little slow to get started, energy level was improving but not 100%.

I was hungry for breakfast and made myself two delicious scrambled eggs with a little cream cheese, Spanish rice, and hot sauce.  I cannot begin to tell you how good those eggs were.  My sister brought over turkey bacon which I could not eat due to being bitter to me and I had two pieces of toast.  Breakfast pretty much started my eating frenzy.  My girls and grandbabies did a little shopping and by the time we got home, it was lunch time.  I ran to Rosa's and got us crispy beef taco dinners which includes three tacos, rice and beans and fresh tortillas.  I was like an bottomless pit.  I ate all my meal and looked at my sisters dish for more rice and beans and then Alicia's dish for more and they had both eaten all theirs too.  I opted for a tortilla dipped in hot sauce and then another tortilla warmed with honey.  Lunch proved exhausting <laughing> so it was time for a little snooze before proceeding with the day.  A little hour or so nap and I got back up and my sister and I ran to Sam's.  On the way to Sam's, I indulged in the Drumstick ice cream treat.

At Sam's I got fresh raspberries, blueberries, avocados, brussel sprouts (love love love them), Parmesan crusted tilapia, fresh spinach and of course Coffee Mate (love my CM).  I am planning on making a fresh spinach salad tonight with mushrooms, red onion with bacon crumbles with warm dressing made from the bacon fat, vinegar and sugar.  My sister will prepare the chicken that goes with it and I may saute up some of the brussel sprouts.  YUMMO!

Dinner found us at our beloved Sammy's BBQ in Riverside.  Yes, another big meal for me.  Our friend, Anna, joined us and we met at 6:00pm for a time of fellowship, catch up and food.  Anna and I opted for the rib plate with the tart cole slaw and my sister got the chopped beef sandwich basket.  It was so so tasty and I ate all of mine except the french fries but I did manage the onion rings.  As we walked in, there was a man sitting with what appeared could have been his Father (elderly gent) and I had noticed him.  After the men had left, our sweet waitress, Vesta, came over and told us that the little man that was sitting by the door as we walked in had taken care of our dinner and she took all our tickets and crunched them up.    Of course by the time our sweet waitress told us the man had picked up our tab, he was gone and we could not thank him.  I had actually watched he and the elderly gent leave and the man was so helpful to the elderly gent and I thought how sweet it was.  We were all so touched and of course very appreciative.  I said a special prayer for the man who bought three unknown ladies dinner last night.  I know God will bless the man beyond measure.  Thank you kind sir for your generosity.

During our meal and afterwards, we got to visit and catch up.  After awhile the hats that I wear start to bother me so I was either going to have to take my hat off or we were going to have to leave.  I always wear a hat of some kind everywhere I go but that doesn't mean I leave it on.  After a few minutes, these hats begin to get on my nerves and I get hot and they feel like they are squeezing my head.  My family is the best because they don't care if I have a hat on or not and even in public places, they don't care.  My sister told me yesterday that I could actually be a pioneer for women who do not like to wear hats and have no problems going bald in to places.  That made me feel good.  And let me tell you about my hair.  Since the last picture I posted, more of my hair has fallen out BUT the hair on top of my head is growing and getting longer.  It is so funny and very unbelievable.  The hair that is growing of course is still connected and it is just like your hair, it hurts if I pull on it.  Now in the next three treatments it may all turn loose but for now it's growing like it's being fertilized.

And while we are on the subject of things growing, my nails are growing unbelievable amounts.  Praise the Lord and my nails have not turned blue from the one chemo drug (Taxotere) that I take.

So here ya have it... what was a very bad week from the chemo has made a big turn around and I am feeling much better with renewed energy and my wonderful appetite back.  Praise the Lord.  Thank you for following my eating frenzy and I know I most likely bore most who read this but this is the life of a chemo patient.  Thank you for your continue prayers, they mean so much to me.  God hears each and every one  of them and I  know He loves hearing from you.

Sending many blessings this blessed Sunday morning.


 genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment