Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Nothing but PRAISE!

Yesterday was my scheduled round 4 of chemo and Praise the Lord, I was able to take it and it went off without a hitch.  I'm so thankful that I was able to get this round in because we all know what that means .... ONLY 2 ROUNDS TO GO.  Praise the Lord.

My blood counts were good so it  happened.  As this was my 4th treatment, I knew what to expect and knew I would be OK.  Once I got to the chemo room after my blood draw and visit with Helena, Nurse Practitioner, I had to wait for 1 hour and 5 minutes for them to get my infusion started because of so many ahead of me.  I was able to have my half sandwich and chips before the treatment so that really was a good thing.

While taking my infusion and after my nap from the IV injection of the Benadryl, I got up out of the recliner and unhooked myself from the plug for my IV and away I went to walking, rolling the IV pole with me.  Walked about five times through the whole chemo area which felt good.  I believe the combo of Benadryl and sitting for 3-4 hours at one stretch makes me weak and makes me feel bad so I have decided I will be walking during these last two remaining treatments. 

The infusion was finished by 4:15pm and away I went.  Got home and cooked dinner because I was starving.  After dinner, I knew I was fading fast so I showered and laid down on the couch and pretty much slept all evening until about 8:30pm when I made myself get up and get in bed.  My energy level had dropped by then.  Alicia ask me if I needed to sleep on the couch but I knew that I would sleep better in my own bed.
And I did.  There were wakeful times during the night but nothing of great length.  I slept pretty warm and most of the night without a head cover ... that means I was really warm.  Not feverish, just the results of steroids and chemo drugs.  This morning my face is as red as a beet but it's all part of day 2.

This morning finds me up and about, moving slowly but I'm ok with that.  I've had breakfast and juice and now on to the ice water.  I feel my tongue coating over which means I could be getting thrush mouth again.  Yesterday I ask Helena if she would give me a prescription for the Diflucan for thrush just in the event I got it. She was so sweet and gave me enough for this treatment and the final two, just in case.  I will not take unless I know I have it for sure.  After finding out what thrush looks like, I feel sure I have had it every time I've taken chemo, just didn't know it.

Praises:
*  That I was able to take the chemo yesterday.
*  That God led me to the Center and Dr. Young for my care.  Heard horror stories from other facilities in Fort Worth.  I feel so blessed with such good medical teams that have my absolute best interest at hear.
*  Feeling fairly good for today.
*  Continued support of my family.
*  Thankful for awesome friends who offer and help me.
*  Ability to work from home and stay in the mix of the goings on.

Prayer Request:
*  Got stories from women walking though breast cancer yesterday and they really need our prayers.  They experience nausea, extended treatment, reconstructions gone awry.  We had the opportunity to share our stories with each other yesterday and it was amazing for me to hear what all these women have gone through. Praising God that He has blessed with me and I've had minimal issues.
*  Those beginning their journey.

Leaving you feeling extremely blessed and sending you blessings!

 genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment