Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 3 After 4th Round of Chemo

Day three after my chemo and with the Neulasta shot that I get on Tuesday evening to build my white blood cells back up, seems to be the harder of my days.  I decided today I would try to take one Tylenol every 4 hours just to ward off some of the flu-like systems that I personally get which includes joint and bone discomfort, weakness, mild headache.  I know that I will feel like this pretty much just one day and also that some of the effects can be due to the chemo on Monday.  

My appetite has down graded a bit which is usual for me after chemo.  When the appetite goes down so does my weight.  I do however, eat regardless of not much of an appetite as I want to keep my strength up.

By last night, I began feeling the thrush coming back in to my mouth so I began the thrush medicine to try to stop that.  One of the big clues is my tongue starts getting a white coat on it and my tooth paste burns so it will be soda to brush with until the thrush subsides.

Very happy about getting to take the 4th round of chemo and know that I am on the home stretch for the chemo.  Thank you Lord.

Praises:
*  I'm able to be up some and eat a little here and there.  My fruit juices and ice cold water are setting well with my tummy.
*  That my sweet sister is able to give me the Neulasta shot even though it's tough on her.  Sometimes the shot as it goes in burns and I whimper (natural response) but it un-nerves her because it's me.  Thank you Pat.
*  No nausea side affects from the chemo.

Prayer Requests:
*  The ladies I spoke to at the Center on Monday who had much more aggressive breast cancer than I and who are having to take so many additional chemo treatments.
*  My energy level and appetite.

Blessed and sending you blessings.
 genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment