Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Glorious Morning with Morning Glories

Back in the spring, I added a trellis to one side of my patio.  I planted morning glory seeds and moon flower seeds and I nurtured and watered and worked so hard to keep these plants alive during the dreadful hot summer that we had.  I had given up on the vines actually producing any flowers but I just hate to see plants or trees die so I continued nurturing.  When the weather started cooling off, all of a sudden the vines perked up and started putting on a beautiful show of blue and white flowers.  This morning when I took my little Tootie outside, the flowers continued to be all abloom and I grabbed my camera and snapped a picture to share.  These made me so happy.

Aren't they just beautiful?  I think so.

I spent the first night in four weeks without a drain attached to me.  It was wonderful, however, my side was too sore for me to be able to sleep on and my right side where they put the port is still sore enough that I can't sleep on my right side so it was another night sleeping on my back.  I was able to use one of my heart pillows and prop myself just a little so I was a little leaning on my left side.  So thankful the drain is out and the freedom it gives me.  Thank you all for your prayers for me during this 'drain time'. 

I began the arm exercises that I was given yesterday.  They are challenging but I will get full use of my arms back.  My right arm is pretty good but my left arm needs some tender loving care and exercise.  So if you know me, you know that I will continue to get my arm stretched out ... not all at once but as my body allows with my exercises.  Simple arm exercises are really a challenge when you have extreme tightness in your underarm. 

I have decided to take my friend, Bernard's advice .... he said, "Have fun with the wigs".  So in the coming weeks if you see me with dark hair one day and blonde hair the next ... I'm having fun.  If you see me with a scarf or embellished head cover ... I'm having fun.  I have colored my hair for so long, I have no idea if there is gray in it or what so I have decided that I want to just keep the color natural when it grows back.  Stay tuned ... <laughing>

Today look around and give someone a helping hand ... you'll be glad you did.

1 John 3:17-18   17 If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? 18 Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

Matthew 5:16   6 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Once again, I thank you for ALL your continued prayers.  Cancer is a process, many steps to take and your prayers are being answered every day.  For you I am so very thankful.  Sending blessings and love on this glorious day.
Gena

No comments:

Post a Comment