Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Last Drain Is Out

Today the last drain ... drain #4 was removed.  I gotta tell you that it hurt like no other when the nurse pulled it out.  It felt like the line inside me was 1000 degrees Farenheit.  My friend, Alverna, was trying to distract me with a really stupid question (thanks Al) but when Marilyn, the nurse, started pulling on the drain line that was in my side, I always broke Al's hand with my grip.  I cried.... yep I cried and it's ok that I cried.  God gave us tear ducts and tears so our head wouldn't explode and yep, I used those today.  I'm so thankful that the drain did the job it was put in to do and I'm so thankful it is now history. 

That's about all the news I have for today but isn't it good news?  I think so. 

It's rest time and then going to do some work this afternoon.  My wonderful field trips seem to wear me out now but I do keep remembering that today is my 4th week post-op and I feel like I'm doing really well. 

Remember what I said yesterday ... live for the moment.  Stop and smell the flowers ...
... you will be glad you did.

Blessings and much love,
Gena

No comments:

Post a Comment