Sunday, November 27, 2011

Preparation, Praise and Prayer

Let's see ... preparation has been underway now for the beginning of my chemo treatments.  I have accomplished a lot of the things that I wanted to get done.  I forgot to get Gatorade yesterday at Sam's and I probably should really get back over there and get a case.  In my chemo class they told me to drink at least 68 ounces of fluid in my waking hours.  It doesn't have to be all water but if you know me well, you know I'm a big big water drinker but it can be Gatorade and such.  They shy you away from coffee and tea.  Now I do plan to have my 2 -- ok, maybe 3 cups of coffee in the mornings but after that it is water and Gatorade.  I'm not a great big tea drinker unless my sister and I are out during happy hour for Sonic (2-4pm) and we go to our local Sonic which makes the very best tea, then I will drink a large tea.  I will prepare and take me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with probably real Lays potato chips because my chemo starts at 11:00 and will run 3-4 hours.  I can't imagine poison being dripped in to my body and me not eating. <smile>  If I go see Jesus during these chemo treatments, I plan to be full. <smile>  And don't worry, I will be on Benadryl, and so much anti-nausea medicine that I don't plan to get sick and if I do ... well I just do.  This chemo has to be done and by cracky I'll get it done.

I praise the Lord for such a wonderful family and the family time we have gotten to share the past four days.  Both my awesome nephews were here and we cooked together, shared meals, and watched football, napped and had such a good time.  On Saturday we celebrated my grandson, Braxton's first birthday with a huge party for friends and family.  Below are a few pictures.  I didn't pictures of Braxton's other grandparents but I can get copies from Bonnie, I will post those also.  Stay tuned!


Grammy and Braxton


Daddy and Mommy watching Braxton eat his smash cake.

Pawpaw, Bonnie and Braxton


    Grammy G with Braxton

Cousins and Uncle Colton (in the back) playing in the ball
house that Uncle Scott and Aunt Steph got Braxton.

Braxton lost his passenger.  He pushed Madelyn back and forth across the den a bunch of times on the choo choo train.


This morning we had a big breakfast before sending my nephews off.  Justin works at Florida State University in Tallahassee and Travis works at Texas A&M.  Both of them work in labs ... go figure, they both have a degree in molecular biology.  These are two of the finest young men on the face of the earth.  I love them both so much.  Below are a couple pictures we took after we stuffed our face with sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, blueberry muffins and biscuits and jelly.  Orange juice and coffee too.  They will both be back in about three weeks for Christmas and of course none of us here can wait.  Safe travels guys.

                                           Justin and I.

                                           Travis and I.

At 1:00am this morning, I began my Decadron (steroid), oh you know the one that you wake up and take to prepare your body for chemo that can cause insomnia?  <smile>  Believe it or not after I took it and laid there and thought about wanting an iPad, I went right back to sleep and woke up at almost 6:00am.  I got up with jittery hands, went to the kitchen and made the coffee and in the meantime grabbed a banana and ate it.  That seemed to help the jitters.  LOL  AND then let the energy begin.  I had to run to Walmart and pick up a few things for breakfast, you know orange juice, eggs, biscuits, blueberry muffin mix, bacon and sausage <laughing> and it was a good thing there was no one in the store that early because I was doing wheelies with my cart, taking those corners like no other, walking down the aisles just grabbing stuff off without stopping (ok so that's a little fabrication), anyway, got checked out and back home in record time without speeding.  After we ate and everyone left ... let the cleaning begin.  Floors are dry and wet swiffered, little vacumming, windows cleaned, two loads of laundry, dishes unloaded from dishwasher ...  Unbelievable how much energy two steroid pills can give you ... can't wait to see what the two that I just took (1:00pm) are going to do for me.  I have to take two Decadron every 12 hours for three days so who knows what's on the agenda for the afternoon... roof the house, fix the fence <laughing>.

Praise ...
My left arm is getting so much better and stretching really good.  I can almost touch the wall with my left side when I raise it like I can my right arm.  Praise the Lord.  I think I mentioned that the day after my surgery I was certain I would never be able to even move it again because it hurt so bad.  And the Lord said ... "Be still and know that I am God.  Patience Gena, I've got this under control".   I continue to praise my awesome Lord and know that He has everything under control.  I have no worries because what ever comes my way, He already has a plan for me.

My friend, Alverna, who is always here for me and will be taking me tomorrow for my chemo and staying there with me.  While we aren't sure she can stay in the infusion room with me, she can come in and visit with me.

Prayers please!
*  Safe travels for my nephews.  Justin's drive takes about 12 hours and Travis about 3 hours.
*  That my body will handle the chemo.  To know me is to know that I do not like to take medicine and now will be taking, as far as I'm concerned, the strongest of the strong.
** A dear friend of Alverna's fell and broke her hip this morning.  Please pray for speedy and full recovery for Nancy.

I hope you and your family had a great and blessed Thanksgiving.  Thank you for reading my blog and please share it with anyone.  Cancer is a journey that no one has to go alone.  I will be here for anyone traveling this journey.  Let me hear from you if you get a minute.  My email is below.

Blessings and much love.

gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment