Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Praise and Continue Prayer

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS ... PLEASE CONTINUE.  This morning when I emptied my remaining drain, there was less than 15cc in it.  I calculated 11cc ... a little more than 10cc but less than 15cc.  PRAISE THE LORD. 


I survived the migraine yesterday.  It wasn't such a terribly bad one but it just wouldn't go away.  I ended up after my appointment with the nurse at the surgeon's office and breakfast with my friend, Alverna, I came home and put my pj's back on and took a nap.  When I woke up, the migraine was pretty much gone.  That is a blessing ... a big blessing.

Today I had two appointments at The Center.  One with the Radiation Oncologist and the other with a different surgeon who will putting in my port.  As it turns out, the Radiation Oncologist suggested 30 radiation treatments on the left side due to the cancer having gotten in my sentinel node and also will radiate two other areas of nodes as well as my chest wall where the largest tumor was.  Radiation will follow chemo after about a month.  It will be every day ... Monday through Friday for 30 treatments.  To me this is another 'insurance type policy' to kill any cancer cells that remain in the area.  Zap those puppies out of there.  Side effects of radiation can be fatigue and after several treatments a sunburn type affect.  I'm not concerned about radiation. 

Before I met with the surgeon about the port, his medical assistant came in and explained the procedure, showed me the port, told me the route the little line will follow to get in a major vein.  She explained how it would look under my skin and there will be a little knot that can be seen under my skin.  After her explanation, the surgeon, Dr. Bayouth came in and ask me if I had any questions, concerns, etc.  Now Dr. Bayouth does many of these ports there in The Center by just numbing people's chest area and putting the port in while they are awake.  I told him that procedure would not be working for me.  I told him I would like to be put just in a twilight zone so I don't know what is going on ... you know like, "Ok, Ms. Morrison we will begin by making a small incision here in your chest and once that is open, I will be poking around the area by your collar bone with a needle to see if I can get under it ....." .... WAIT ... NO thank you.  Just knock me out.  I do not need to know the route you are taking or how many times you poked my collar bone trying to get under it until you have finished and I wake up.  <laughing>  One thing that made me feel good was he said he would want to be put to sleep too.  OH ... and that is scheduled as outpatient surgery tomorrow at Baylor-All Saints at 8:30am.  The procedure takes about 30 minutes, I should wake up and be able to be home before noon at which time I plan to have some of my home made chicken and dumplings. 

It was 12:15pm before we got out of The Center.  I had ask my friend, Alverna, to take me to the grocery store after the doctor appointments so I could get some produce so we head to the grocery store.  My favorite grocery in Colleyville, Market Street.  We had a bite of lunch at one of their many food places ... I indulged in a baked potato kinda loaded and it was terrific.  After that, we grabbed a couple of baskets and picked up a few groceries. 

I got stuff to make homemade soup and chicken and dumplings and lots of fresh organic produce.  I am making chicken and dumplings for dinner tonight.  It's the perfect weather for something of this nature.  Yummo!  So this has been my day and it's been a good day.

Please continue to pray for the drain to keep slowing down and add my outpatient surgery tomorrow to put in the port to your prayers.  Dr. Bayouth told me this would be the easiest thing that I would do in this whole journey.  So I pray believing and I walk in faith that all is well.  The drain will slow down and the port going in is moving me on down this path of the journey I'm on. 



I hope this finds you all well and good.  Stay healthy, stay active and do not abuse your body.  It belongs to God. 

Blessings for this terrific Thursday.
Gena

No comments:

Post a Comment