Saturday, November 19, 2011

Goings on ...

Since my last update, I've been to the office (my work) for about three hours on Thursday for our Thanksgiving luncheon.  It was good to see everyone and get a few things reviewed in my office.  By the time I got home, I was exhausted.  I didn't have one bit of energy left and had to rest  ... so I had to take a nap.  I am listening to my body more and more during this journey.  Always before after I had been sick or hurt, I would rush right back to get back in the mix of things ... well it ain't supposed to work that way.  God gave us healthy bodies but He also gave us a brain to tell us things ... like rest now, everything will be here when your body has been refreshed.  Thank you Lord for opening my ears to let me hear Your voice as you speak soothing words of comfort.  You are looking out for me and for that I'm grateful.

Friday was my trip to the dentist in Mexia, TX.  My long-time friend, Robin, is also my dentist.  I would not trade him for anything in the world.  Not only do I have a great friend and dentist, I get a two hour wonderful scenic drive where I can escape the city and see the little towns between I-35 and Mexia.  This trip was to get the baby tooth pulled and the process of the three tooth crown started.  Unlike the first baby tooth pull last year where I could hear it ripping out of the gum, this little baby tooth was so decayed underneath, Robin was almost able to pull it with his fingers.  Little did I know that had I begun wiggling it, I could have pulled it ... to say that is to also say ... I don't do loose teeth.  There's something about seeing a loose tooth that gives me the hebby jebbies.  He scraped the jaw bone underneath to clean out the infection and fitted me with a temporary crown that feels like it's been there all along.  I will go back in mid-December to get my permanent crown and that should do the dentistry for the year.  Next year after I finish chemo and radiation, I will probably begin the process on the third and final baby tooth.

There were two young adult women who attended Robin during the procedure.  One of the girls and unfortunately if she told me her name, I don't remember (nothing new these days but that's another post), was so sweet and very young.  She was in training for dental assistant and I must say she did very well.  The other young lady was training her and was just so sweet.  I try to educate women every where I go on breast cancer.  Robin left the room and we began to chat.  They were very interested in learning all that I shared.  I praise God that I am able to share this information and also His wonderful love.  After I got home from that appointment, again I was exhausted.  I had a bite of lunch and went sound asleep for over an hour.  Now you may be thinking this is laziness but a five hour surgery and then another surgery three weeks later has taken it's toll of my body ... so I rest.  I want to come back 100% from all this and the only way I can do that is to take care of myself as I heal.

A Story ....
One of the first people I called after my diagnosis is my long long time friend, Greta.  A day or two later,  I received a beautiful letter from Greta.  In this letter, Greta shared with me some scripture that she found in her son's Bible and specific scripture he had marked while walking his melanoma journey.  The day I received the letter, I marked all those scripture verses with ... Jarrod's Verses.  This morning in my daily devotional, some of the reference scripture was from those verses that Greta shared.  When I turned to Psalm 27:13-14, there were my markings ... Jarrod's verses.  I cried but not from sadness but because God spoke through Jarrod to me this morning.  Please read on ...

November 19
LEAVE OUTCOMES UP TO ME.  Follow Me where I lead, without worrying about how it will all turn out.  Think of your life as an adventure, with Me as your Guide and Companion.  Live in the now, concentraing on staying in step with Me.  When your path leads to a cliff, be willing to climb it with My help.  When we come to a resting place, take time to be refreshed in My Presence.  Enjoy the rythm of life lived close to Me.

You already know the ultimate destination of your journey; your entrance into heaven.  So keep your focus on the path just before you, leaving outcomes up to Me.

Psalm 27: 13-14 -- Jarrod's verses
I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living. 
Wait for the Lord;
Be strong, and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for the Lord.

Today I rejoice and thank God for my friends, Greta and Bruce and the love and friendship that we have shared for 30+ years.  Jarrod lives in Heaven now with our awesome Father but he still speaks to us. Thank you Father for your love and the love that Jarrod continues to show us. 
Jarrod - My Angel

Today I close knowing that I am going to be just fine.  My journey will continue and I will continue to cling to my Father's hand and let Him guide me.  Live in the moment, this moment right now as you are reading this blog.  Hold on to this moment, we are not promised five minutes from now and there is absolutely nothing we can do about the moments that have passed. 

Thank you Father for you love and compassion.  You hold my heart, my soul, my all.

Blessings for a spectacular Saturday. 
Gena

No comments:

Post a Comment