Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Update

Mark 11:24   Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Today was another visit to the surgeon for drain removal OR not removal as is the case.  My sweet nurse, Marilyn, was all ready to remove it until I told her that it was still over 30 cc in a 24 hour period.  She looked at my record log and said we should not take it out.  I knew that was going to happen so I wasn't surprised.  She explained if she took it out how the fluid would/could form a pocket and have to be needle drained.  I said, "no, thank you.  I'm ok with keeping this drain.  But how long"?  I ask her if my body was going to think it was a permanent fixture and start growing on to the tube part that is inside.  She said no.  I ask her how long a person can keep a drain in them.  She said the most they leave them is a month so I have apointment next Tuesday to remove the drain.  I told her that it was leaking out the top where the drain was inserted in my body.  She explained to me that the drain part that is in my body has little pin holes and sometimes the holes get clogged and it causes the fluid to back up and come out the insertion point.  She redressed it, and my friend, Alverna and I walked up to the nurse navigator office in Baylor-All Saints Hospital to get some more supplies for redressing it here at my house.  They were running low but we plan to go back on Friday when we are over that way to get a few more supplies just in case I need them over the weekend.  The supplies are very expensive for this dressing.  I know this because I had to buy some from the Glenview
 pharmacy.  The Tegaderm, clear tape like patch that goes over the drain was $30 for 10.  The disk that support the drain are $50 for 10.  Making a quick trip by there to get supplies ... literally priceless.

Then we got back to the car and decided we were hungry and went and had breakfast at 10:45 at the Paris Coffee Shop.  It was so good ... my eyes were bigger than my stomach but that's ok.  I brought two biscuits home with me for breakfast tomorrow. 

I woke and have had a migraine all day and it won't go away.  I am going to close the blinds and rest this afternoon.   

PRAYER REQUEST:
Pray that the amount of fluid reduces in this next week.  I really don't want or need any complications. 
Pray that this migraine stops.

PRAISE:
This is just a drain and not a colostomy bag.  *** See if you look around you can find things to be thankful for.
I am doing very well in the healing and getting around. 
That God is still walking beside and has never left my side.

Blessings for this wonderful cloudy Tuesday.
Gena 

No comments:

Post a Comment