Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday ... Where has the week gone?

You know how you make plans for yourself and then find out that your plans were not your plans at all.  Well I have just been through a week of my plans of having surgery and bouncing back didn't quite play out the way I had planned.  You know in my feeble mind, I was going in Monday afternoon, have surgery ... a mere total hysterectomy with one part of it laparoscopic ... no problem, right?   WRONG!   The part where I worked part of the day Monday, went home, got ready, went to the hospital, had a three hour surgery, spent the night at the hospital, came home on Tuesday afternoon ... well all that went that way.  The bounce back on my feet ... well that didn't work so well.  The surgery knocked me on my little tush ... big time.  The pain med I was able to take after my 'breast reduction' decided this time to make me itch so all I was taking was 800 mg Motrin every eight hours and that wasn't really stopping the pain.  I called the doctor office on Wednesday and they called me in another pain med, Stadol, that is a nose spray.  One squirt up my nose on Wednesday night and it went straight to the blood system or where ever it was designed to go and I was barely able to get back to the bed.  Decided that was not for me.  Thursday I tried half of a Tylenol 4 and it knocked the edge off the pain.  Also Thursday all I could do was sleep.  That was considered my third full day post op and so it's been said ... that's the worst day.  Hopefully all the sleep that I got yesterday has started healing my body and got it on it's way to back to normal.  I plan to take it easy today but also plan to try to move more.  Need I even mention how stiff my back and hips are from sleeping so much yesterday?  No ... I didn't think so.  I've prayed and cried out to God to help me get back up and feel better and I know He has heard my pleas.  Thank you for your prayers ... I know they are working.

When Bonnie got me home on Tuesday, the gutter guys were still here which I was happy about.  If you recall I was having my old gutters replaced and additional guttering added to the front.  All looked well.  On Wednesday morning, the painters got here early and began prepping the house to paint.  They did a magnificent job and the color I chose is so perfect.  I am very pleased with the outcome and feel much better knowing that I have gotten these two tasks accomplished.  Now it's time to save a little more money for the next project ... whatever that might be.  If you need gutters or a painter, please email me ... these family owned business' are great and will do a great job for you.

Alicia came in my room on Tuesday evening with a special little bear dressed in a smiley face gown and a little pink bow in her ear.  My friend, Fred (Alverna's sweet brother) sent me a precious Vermont Teddy Bear with the sweetest card.  Fred if you read this ... thank you and there will be a formal 'thank you' in the mail soon.  The bear brightened my day.  I thank God for such sweet family and friends who have supported me through so much since September 15, 2011.

The weather is taking it's toll on my gardens... I have not been able to get out and water, hoping to get to do that today.  The tomatoes are still producing the second round of tomatoes and I'm happy about that.  Not happy that I haven't felt like getting out to water everything ... have watered only the stuff on the patio.  I pray they hang in there until I can get out there.  I am not sure I am going to plant fall tomatoes.  It's dreadfully hot already and I know it's going to get hotter.  We will see.

Both my nephews are home for a couple days.  It's so good to see both of them and have special family time.

Thank you for your continued prayers, thoughts and texts.  You mean so much to me.  I will post pictures once I feel better and get out and take some.

Blessings!

gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment