Saturday, June 23, 2012

Mustard in a Baggie ....

For a month now I have been meaning to post about the day Alicia got a zip lock baggie, got the yellow mustard out of the fridge and began squirting it in the baggie.  I was cooking or washing dishes in the kitchen and I said what are you doing?  She said ... It's like finger painting.  I said something like ... Not in the house with mustard, Alicia, it stains.  She proceeded on and of course I was freaking out.  All I could think about is ... mustard + finger painting = this can't be good.  As it turned out, she taped the baggie full of mustard to the back storm door so you could see through it and when you touch it, it shifts the mustard in the baggie and in effect is like finger painting without the mess.  It offers sense of touch, temperature (mustard is cold) as well as different designs.  It was a great idea that lasted for Madelyn at that time about 3 minutes.  One of the things I love about my girls and their profession of being a teacher, childhood development and their creativity.  It amazes me what they come up with ... makes me wish I had known someone with so many ideas when I was raising them.

Yesterday I got a text message with the following pictures.  More creativity ... pudding finger painting.

Above:  Two little angels






Above:  I'm a little young for pudding painting but I can
smile now.  

For the last two weeks I have been going out to lunch with a group of folks at work.  It is a lot of fun and getting out of the office for a short time and laughing really helps the mind.  Yesterday we headed from our end of town (south) to the north end of town to Riscky's BBQ.  On Friday's they have fried catfish and your choice of a side.  There were seven of us so a good fun group.  We all placed our orders and our food came and then the real laughter began.  I was rearranging my catfish basket and in my peripheral vision I saw Tracy, who was sitting across from me, pick up the ketchup.  Hmmm ... she had two brisket tacos and a bowl of mac and cheese.  Tracy proceeded to put ketchup in her mac and cheese and stir it up.  I could not believe what I had just seen.  It was truly a first for me.  You can imagine what the dialogue was like then.  After a few minutes, I shared I liked gravy and cantaloupe which caused even more dialogue and I was deemed the winner of weird ... and then Suhailly, who is in our office for six weeks doing an internship with the Univ. of Puerto Rico-Mayaguez, said she liked oatmeal with cheese.  She was the WINNER of weird.  As I said ... there was lots of dialogue and laughter.  Praise the Lord for laughter and light-heartedness.

It's going to be a busy weekend.  Lots to get done before surgery on Monday.  I'm trying to help my sister get her remodeling finished in her guest bathroom, and I have lots to do myself.  The gutter guys come on Tuesday to replace and add new guttering, the painters come on Wednesday to paint my house.  I continue holding on to my faith and knowing that this surgery will be much easier than the last ... hence me setting up those appointments when I did.  I have to remember to pick up pain meds from Sam's, get the 'bowel cleanse' stuff (lapriscopy requires this <smile>) ... keeping in mind when I have to cut off my eating and go to strictly liquids.  I look at the many things to do like you would in order to eat an elephant .... How you ask?  .... One bite at a time.

FOCUS ---   I'm hearing daily people who focus on the negative rather than the positive.  Drowning yourself in negativity is never a good.  The more you focus on the negative, the worse the situation becomes.  I know we all face difficult situations in our daily lives but I also known that with God by your side, you can face-off with these situations and you can beat them.  Remember that He is going to take care of you.  He promises in His word, the Bible.  Matthew 11:28-30 says ... Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and burden is light.  John 14:27 says ... Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you.  Not as the world gives do I give to you.  Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.  Grab some scripture when you are facing an issue, hold on to God's hand.  My personal testimony continues to repeat ... I could not have faced, walked, gotten to the other side of the breast cancer troubled waters without my awesome God.  He is buried in my heart and there He will always be.

I listen to KLTY Christian radio and there is a song I continue to hear.  It is sung by Francesca Battistelli and the title is Angel By Your Side.  The lyrics ...


I can't say that everything's okay
'Cause I can see the tears you're crying
And I can't promise to take the pain away
But you can know I won't stop trying

I'll be the angel by your side
I will get you through the night
I'll be the strength you can't provide on your own

'Cause when you're down and out of time
And you think you've lost the fight
Let me be the angel, the angel by your side

I know it feels like you're running out of faith
'Cause it's so hard to keep believing, oh
But if I can bring the smile back to your face
For a moment you'll forget all about it, oh

I'll be the angel by your side
I will get you through the night
I'll be the strength you can't provide on your own

'Cause when you're down and out of time
And you think you've lost the fight
Let me be the angel, the angel by your side

'Cause this won't be the last time
You'll need a little hope
But I wanna be the first to let you know

I'll be the angel by your side
I will get you through the night
I'll be the strength you can't provide on your own

'Cause when you're down and out of time
And you think you've lost the fight
Let me be the angel, the angel by your side
Oh, let me be the angel, the angel by your side, oh
The angel by your side


Here's the link to the song... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNac9pfiMwQ
My prayer ....  Lord, let me be someone's angel today.    Be someone's angel today. 

Blessed and praying blessings for you today.


gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment