Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sunday ... Where Does The Days Go?

It seems time is flying these days.  I am grabbing every second of life that I am given.  Thank you God for all the wonderful healthy active days that You are giving me.  Is that how you feel about your life?  My prayer is your answer is ... yes.  We all go through the dark valleys and there are times we are right upon the troubled waters but remember God wants us to look up with faith in Him when in those valleys.  When we get to those troubled waters, He wants us to grab His beautiful hand and let Him lead us across the troubled waters.  He and He alone has lead me out of the dark valleys and across the troubled waters.  Praise His name.

A little update about my radiation area.... it's healing and peeling and looking great.  Praise the Lord.  There's just one small brown area that will peel and fade.  The skin is not feeling as tight as it was.  I'm getting better ... day by day.

The garage door opener guy finally comes tomorrow.  I cannot wait to get this fixed.  I know I know ... I admit it, I'm spoiled.  But ... I still Praise His name ... it will be fixed before my upcoming surgery... speaking of which ...

Dr. Kohlmorgen called me late Friday afternoon and told me my surgery will be Monday, June 25.  I'm glad she is getting me in so quickly as I want to get this behind me, get back up on my feet and move on with all the great things yet to come.  I continue feeling better every day, I'm eating good (most days) and praising His name that I have a job to go to (if I was wealthy and did not have to work, I would be volunteering at The Center to help others who are walking the journey I have walked).

Today I've been to the grocery store, got all my fresh veggies washed, cut up and in baggies.  Have fresh green beans in the crock pot, re-roasted a roasted chicken and boned it and have a meat loaf in the oven.  Just getting ready for the week ahead as far as food goes.  I'm better when I am prepared.  I do plan to keep good tabs on my weight as I do not want to gain because of the Arimidex which has a side effect of making it difficult to lose weight.  Losing weight is difficult enough without having an inhibitor in that area.

My girls little brother, Colton, entered a picture in the Star Telegram honor your Dad for Father's Day contest.  He came in second place.  He and his Dad are hunting partners and Colton is so smart of all types of guns.  He wants to live at the deer lease when he grows up.  Her3 is the picture he drew of his and my girls Dad, Paul Morrison.

Above:  He loves to hunt and takes Colton as
much as possible.  
Gotta go check the meatloaf and then head to my sisters to help her with her bathroom project.  Thank you for stopping by.  Let me hear from you.

Praises:
Praises:
*  My newest grand daughter, Brooklyn, is thriving and doing well.  Her check up last week showed she was up to 8 lbs.  Her Mommy is now using a swaddle blanket at night so she is sleeping better.
*  Bonnie is feeling and doing great as the Mother of two under the age of two.
*  Braxton and Madelyn continue to thrive as they are growing and learning all sorts of new things.
*  God continues to walk and carry my survivor sisters through their treatments.
*  God continues healing my body and mind.
*  Life ... it is good.

Prayer Request:
*  Anyone recently diagnosed with breast cancer and feels lost and scared and abandoned.
*  My friend Wendy in Amarillo, who bravely continues her treatments. 
*  My friend, Judy, as she continues to the next phase of her journey.  I haven't had an update since Judy saw her Oncologist, but I rest assured that her sister, Janice, is taking good care of her as well as her hubby and two daughters.
*  My friend, Shirley, as she battles the leukemia that has taken a hold on her body.  Her hubby, Steve, who is caring for her. 


Blessings to all.  


gkmorrison12@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Gena, Do you still have to take the estrogen inhibitor after the surgery? I feel for you with the hot flashes. Lucky me...I get to take estrogen to combat my hot flashes. I am on the lowest dose possible and so far so good. The hot flashes were the worst part of the whole menapause thing for me. As always, I love to read your blog. You make me smile.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete