Saturday, June 9, 2012

Happenings From Friday ...

The day started with rising at 4:00am.  Yeppers, that's me ... the early riser.  I love early mornings so to be up doesn't bother me.  I was able to write my blog, get myself ready and go take Braxton to the babysitter, come home and grab Tootie and take her to the groomer, get back and grab some breakfast with Alicia and Madelyn.  Then, as always, I do a sweep through the house making sure things are neat and of course the dishes were done or put in the dishwasher.  Alicia and Madelyn headed to Bonnie's where we were going to help get Brooklyn's room put together.  I grabbed some things that Bonnie didn't need for Brookyn and took them back to Kohl's for her.  And then headed to Bonnie's.

I had to get my Grammy time in with Ms. Brooklyn before I could do anything.  She's the littlest, sweetest thing.  We found a picture of Braxton while cleaning out a closet and they look exactly alike.  She's such a sweet baby.  Spending the day with my girls makes my heart sing.  We got Brooklyn's room decorated, of course I had to fold all the crib sheets in the special way I fold them to make them lay flat and neat in the chest and organized her chest so there was more space.  All the decorations that Bonnie and Alicia worked on are so cute.  Pictures to come as soon as I can get some.

About noon we headed out for an excursion to eat and a trip to Hobby Lobby.  Eating was first on our list.  The girls were famished and while my lack of appetite still  lingers, I'm always up for some Taco Bueno.  Don't say yuck ... it's not bad for fast food.  We were in line behind this couple who was ordering.  The man ordered his food and handed the lady a $20 bill and headed to the restroom.  She ordered and the worker gave her the total and she handed him the $20 and he held it up to the light and it did not have the special markings it needed.  He mentioned it to the girl and she said ... are you sure.  He went to get the special marker pen and marked it in front of her and he said ... This shows it is not real.  She was furious.  She told him to cancel the order and went around the corner to the  restroom and got the guy.  As they were going out the door ... she was stomping and furious with the guy.  It was the belief of all the witness' including myself that this young man who was trying to pass a fake bill so he handed it to the young lady and walked away.  The man behind us said he looked outside and the couple passed by in their car and he said she was giving the guy what for.  Since this is a felony ... I would have been so scared.  Things like this unnerve me.  I feel sorry for people who feel they have to do things like this.  Get out and get a job and make an honest living and do things right.  It's not that hard.

After lunch we headed to Hobby Lobby for a little shopping.  I had not been there in forever.  My sister and I used to go just to browse and we haven't had that opportunity since my diagnosis.  It's wonderful that life slowly but surely is getting back to normal.  Praise the Lord.  The shopping/looking for me was wonderful.

After leaving Bonnie's, I came home and broiled some thin steaks, baked a potato (it only takes one nice potato to feed Alicia, Madelyn and I), and made us a nice crisp salad.  It was good ... I could have done without the steak though ... which leads me to my next subject.  Has anyone ever heard of the book ... The Engine 2 Diet: The Texas Firefighter's 28-Day Save-Your-Life Plan that Lowers Cholesterol and Burns Away the Pounds?  His plan takes focuses on whole foods, including whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, legumes, nuts and seeds.  I'm interested in this plan, of course, due to my diagnosis.  I'll keep you posted on what I find out when I get the book.

I received two calls yesterday from Dr. Young's office.  I must admit when I see any of my doctors offices name pop up on my cell phone, my stomach does a little flip flop even though I know that I am OK.  The first call was Sandy who had made me an appointment with Dr. Kohlmorgan, the Gynecologist who I will be seeing this coming Thursday to discuss the hysterectomy.  I plan to use Dr. Kohlmorgan as my Gynecologist in the future.  Helena, was the second call and she was letting me know that there was no need to call the office on Monday and check on my 'menopausal' state because she had the blood results already.  They show that I am definitely post menopausal.  Helena said I was good to go as far as starting the Arimidex.  So this morning along with my Vitamin D and Calcium, I added the Arimidex.  I just know it's in my system killing any estrogen that might be floating around.  The Arimidex will continue every day for five years.  I will be eating a good diet (which I've done most of my life) and beginning some type of exercise regime since the Arimidex does inhibit weight loss.

Good news ... my radiation area is healing very nicely and the pod of fat/breast tissue/what ever was left under my arm is shrinking.  I have to wonder if it's using my left arm more or if the lymph node drainage procedures are draining fluid from the area.  What ever the case, I am please with the little lump going down.

All in all my Friday was a great day and I was extremely blessed.  I am looking forward to what today may hold ... thinking my sister and I will do some work in her bathroom that she is re-doing.

I love hearing from you.  Thank you Kristi and Patti for your comments on my blog yesterday.  I cannot begin to describe what it means to me when I see a comment.  I love you both.  I appreciate all who take the time to read my on-going  journey.  Thank you so much.

My heart is filled with joy this morning.  I have already been out side with Tootie and heard the cardinals singing.  I love the beautiful birds that frequent my yard for the sunflower seeds we keep out.

Blessed beyond measure and praying blessings for you today.


gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment