Thursday, June 14, 2012

Time Is Flying ...

It's already mid-June.  To me it seems as if time is flying by and I'm hanging on for dear life.  Being busy is ... to me ... the sign of a healthy life now.  I couldn't say that two months ago because most all of my busy was still revolving around treatments and doctors appointments.  How I Praise my Lord for today ... this day ... the day that I am able to get up and get out and around.

Let's see ... there were two funny stories that I wanted to share and now I can only think of one of them.  Doesn't that just figure?  Can I still claim chemo brain or do I have to find another excuse for not remembering?  OK, I'll find another excuse ... I just forgot.  I'm sure tonight in my sleep it will come to me.

Speaking of sleep, I have been sleeping really well.  I wake up at least once a night and that's because my hips are hurting so bad and I need to turn over.  Once I get comfy again, I'm back out like a light.

Monday night garage door opener broke.  Alicia called our friends, Bruce and Greta, for him to come take a look at it as it seems he has fixed their's before.  He did everything he could but when the shaft that holds the gear that turns the chain that raises the door is broke off, there was nothing he could do to fix it.  So Tuesday morning found me bright and early at Home Depot buying another one.  The young man who helped me I have to question now because he did the paperwork wrong and the installers never called me.  I called Home Depot today to find out all this and finally got a call from the installers and now it will be Monday before they can get out to put it up.  Uggghhhh!!!!!  I'm spoiled ... I admit it.  I miss my garage door opener and I cannot wait until it is replaced.  Quick story:  Alicia and I ran a couple of errands on Tuesday night which is the night she decided she would leave her car parked in the driveway locked up and not move it inside ... since we are having to manually ... wait, I am having to manually raise and lower the garage door.  Well I like my car parked in the garage at night for what ever reason, I just do so I life the garage door manually and park it at night and lift it again manually in the morning at 5:15am to get my car out.  Anyway ... when Alicia said she was going to leave her car in the driveway over night, I ask her to get her garage door opener out and bring it in the house.  She said .... what for, the garage is broken anyway.  DUUUHHHHH.... we laughed.  Another quick story ... last night she went to the gym and when she got home, I heard the motor running on the garage door opener because she had pushed the button.  I had to laugh ... old habits are hard to break.

We have now signed a contract with Del Monte to buy some of these tomatoes we are growing in our 4' X 6' raised garden bed.  Who knew that seven tomato plants could produce so many tomatoes.  Not me.  I planted them with the hopes we would get a few and a few we are getting ... quite a few as a matter of fact.  I've taken tomatoes to work twice to give away, we have given the girls Dad so many tomatoes that he told Alicia he was eating tomatoes at every meal.  My sister has taken as many as she can eat and I usually eat two at lunch and dinner.  God has blessed our garden this year.
Above:  I think this guy is laying tomatoes on the window seals
when we are asleep.
Above:  This window seal is full.

Above:  More on the other window seal and on the ledge.
I was telling my brother about all the tomatoes and being able to give them away and he said ... Isn't that a good feeling?  ABSOLUTELY.  If you come visit, you can take home some home grown tomatoes.  <smile>

Today I had my appointment with what will now be my new gynecologist.  Dr. Kohlmorgan is wonderful.  I love love love her just after this one appointment.  Thank you Lord for putting Dr. Kohlmorgan in my life.  Her surgery scheduler person will call me tomorrow to get the hysterectomy set up.  I ask what I could expect as far as how I would feel after having this done.  She said primarily ... fatigue.  I thought to myself ... nothing new, piece of cake, I can do this.  I ask her about how long I had to stay off work and she said usually four to six weeks ... I said well if I feel like it can I go back sooner?  She said yes, as long as I wasn't take the pain medication any more.  I definitely want my body to heal properly and I don't want to push things so my prayer request is that this doesn't take me down too far or too long.  I could probably let myself get down in the dumps knowing that I will go through another time of feeling bad but ... I am not going to let that happen.  NOPE!  Not going to get down in the dumps.  I will be just fine.

I had the opportunity to share about my cancer journey during a Diversity Teleconference at work.  I wanted to share the what to do and what not to do... what to say and what not to say information.  I didn't want to make the presentation about me but since I am the one who has walked the journey, it was hard to keep me out of it.  I pray that folks took good helpful information with them at the end.  I pray God opens more doors for me to do this type of thing.

Tomorrow is Friday and I have to tell you that I am glad.  This has been a busy week and I'm ready for some rest and a trip to Bluebonnet Cafe on Saturday morning for breakfast and the opportunity to see my friends and/or make new friends.

Well I haven't thought of the other funny thing I was going to share ... may come to me later or it may have left the city by now... <laughing>

I continue to praise my Lord for all He has done for me and all that I know He has ahead for me.


John 15:13

13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

Blessings...

gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment