Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunday Ramblings ...

After writing my blog early yesterday morning, I realized I was in pretty bad overall body pain.  I could not figure out why I was hurting so bad.  Everything ... muscles and bones ... hurt from my toes to my shoulders.  Pain makes me feel bad and be grumpy if I let myself.  I got out my 'medication info' file folder and got to reading side effects of the Arimidex (estrogen inhibitor).  Well it seems that this little small white pill is probably the cause of all this pain.  I relate the med as taking all the estrogen out of my body (which it is designed to do) and a squeaky wheel.  Estrogen keeps a woman's body 'oiled and greased' and when you take that oil and grease away it wants to squeak ... just like a gear and chain.  I cannot take Advil right now due to the surgery so a couple of Tylenol it had to be.  It helped a bit.  My biggest efforts are continuing to move and not sit down and give in.  I know now why Helena at the Center is telling me to walk at least 30 minutes a day.  I've been awake since 3:30am this morning, got up about 5:15am when I finally realized I wasn't going back to sleep and got ready for the day.  I'm hurting but ... this will not get me down.  God is beside me and I'm leaning on Him a great deal.  Blessed!

The painter came yesterday and replaced the rotted wood on the back of the house.  He will return on Wednesday after the gutter guys get my new gutters up on Tuesday.  Pictures to come.   We got the painter to give my sister (across the street) a bid on painting her bathroom cabinets and his estimate is great.  She scheduled for him to come out Monday after next to get started.

Today will be busy trying to wrap up things that need to be tended and done before I am down for a while.  I won't bore you with all the details that need to be done and there's plenty.  I have to read the instructions about when to cut off my eating and then drinking that stuff to clean my innards out and start liquids only.

Bible verses from my Jesus Calling devotional for today.  God amazes me how He provides His word at just the time I need it.

Isaiah 41:10   So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  


Psalm 62:5-6  Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from Him.  Truly He is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, and I will not be shaken.  

That's about it for now. Stay cool ... I believe we are in for a hot summer.  Don't forget to get some soaker hoses for your house foundation.    


Blessed and praying blessings for you today.


gkmorrison12@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment